Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Petrified of BC/IBC after finding red mark

Re: Petrified of BC/IBC after finding red mark

It’s terrible isn’t it. So sorry you’re going through the same thing right now, this is probably the scariest thing I’ve ever been through. I think the fact it’s pain in both breasts is a good sign because from what I’ve read it’s very rare for it to spread to both breasts. I also have the same veins on my breast but my dr wasn’t concerned about them. I do understand what you’re going through though I wouldn’t wish this on anyone.

Just a quick update too, I had my doctor check the lump again on Tuesday and she said it’s still there after my period but not as prominent, more than likely just hormonal. She said she’s sending me to the breast clinic anyway but she isn’t majorly concerned about it and said she would’ve sent me off of the clinic 2 weeks ago when she found it if she thought it was serious, she told me not to worry but it’s really difficult. I’ve got my appointment for the clinic 21st June and while I’m glad I got an appointment pretty quick I’m absolutely dreading what they might find. I’ve had terrible pain in the front of my neck, shoulders and back, it comes and goes but I’ve scared myself thinking I have BC and it has spread to my lymph nodes, so so so sick of all this worry.

I completely relate to what you ladies are saying. That’s good that your doctor isn’t worried, try to think of the “facts” vs what anxiety is telling you. And they always say pain isn’t a sign.

I have a mammogram in June 23 and get a few moments of peace but am also terrified. I hate these appointments. I started getting weird & random pains in my armpit when I booked my mammogram. The feelings come and go, sometimes feel like the skin is irritated, sometimes feel more like burning. I have the same fear as you. What if it’s BC and has spread? I went out with friends last night and all I could think is how normal everyone’s lives are and What If this is my last time going out? It’s the worst. Glad I can share my thoughts here.

I wouldn’t wish this fear on anyone but it’s it so strange to see people without these fears and health issues. Just smiling. Living their lives while I sit home freak out because the bullseye rash I had which gave me some comfort that there was treatment is now fading to just red and could be ibc

I had a bullseye rash on my leg that faded to generally red. Saw the GP and it wasn't Lyme, just a bite that went bad.

A tick bite? Because everything says the only time it ever gets the bullseye is with a tick or a spider

That’s the struggle. I see everyone being fine and making plans for the summer and I can’t even think beyond next week :(

It’s so frustrating and I would give anything to not have HA be part of my life.

Tell me about it. My husband is asking about booking our vacation for the end of summer and since the red bullseye rash turned just red and looks irritated around it all I can think of is how I’ll be in chemo by summer fighting to stay with my kids as long as possible. I can’t plan a vacation when my main focus has to be staying alive. He doesn’t get it. No one outside of this group does

No clue, just a bite. If it's fading, though, it's healing.

As somebody who's been there, the one good thing about HA is that you can recover from it if you put in the hard yards.

Ok, these have been my thoughts exactly! It’s very challenging and impossible to enjoy anything and I can’t make any plans.

I think that the fact that your marks are fading, is a good sign. If it was anything serious, it would be getting worse. Maybe you can write that down and then continue to repeat it.

Quote Originally Posted by sel123 View Post
    I completely relate to what you ladies are saying. That’s good that your doctor isn’t worried, try to think of the “facts” vs what anxiety is telling you. And they always say pain isn’t a sign.

I have a mammogram in June 23 and get a few moments of peace but am also terrified. I hate these appointments. I started getting weird & random pains in my armpit when I booked my mammogram. The feelings come and go, sometimes feel like the skin is irritated, sometimes feel more like burning. I have the same fear as you. What if it’s BC and has spread? I went out with friends last night and all I could think is how normal everyone’s lives are and What If this is my last time going out? It’s the worst. Glad I can share my thoughts here.
    Sel123 I have completely the same thing at the moment, I can’t plan ahead because I’m so scared to in case this is something bad.
    I’m also getting pains in my breast and armpit that wasn’t there before, it sometimes happens in my other breast too. Trying to think rationally that it’s probably HA playing tricks it’s awful, I want this appointment to hurry up but I also don’t because I know I’m going to be so emotional.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information