Thread: Constant post nasal drip anyone?

Constant post nasal drip anyone?

Anyone else suffer from literally CONSTANT post nasal drip? Like there is ALWAYS a little something back there to swallow. Always. All year round. I have it all the time and it’s worse when I eat. I have to do the whole clearing my throat thing. Ya know. The sound that no one likes... the (gonna hock a loogie) type ? Lol it’s just to clear my throat and swallow and it’s so annoying and worse when I eat. Anyone else have this all the time not just “this time of year”?

Re: Constant post nasal drip anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by KR21 View Post
    Anyone else suffer from literally CONSTANT post nasal drip? Like there is ALWAYS a little something back there to swallow. Always. All year round. I have it all the time and it’s worse when I eat. I have to do the whole clearing my throat thing. Ya know. The sound that no one likes... the (gonna hock a loogie) type ? Lol it’s just to clear my throat and swallow and it’s so annoying and worse when I eat. Anyone else have this all the time not just “this time of year”?
    I get it bad on and off throughout the year, but it's mildly there all the time yes. When I do meetings online now because I'm working from, I often have to press mute so I can clear my nose and throat!

I tend to get it worse when it's cold weather actually. A few years ago I had a few episodes where when I leant over, fluid came gushing out of my nose onto the floor! Yuck! Obviously, I panicked at the time and rang the docs who just said it's sinus irritation.

Yes, all year round. Either sinus issues or hay-fever.
    Certain things make it worse for me.
    Central heating. Windy day. Sleeping on my back. Pollen. Dust. I'm grateful for any day I don't suffer with this. It's horrible.

I don't know where you're at but where we are, allergies have been brutal this Spring! There is literally a dusting of yellow pollen on my car in the mornings. So yeah, there's all the wonderful allergy symptoms that comes with it including what you're describing. We take a daily allergy pill and keep some other OTC remedies around when needed.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Brutal in the UK as well FMP. Strong winds have been adding to the pollen issue. I've never seen so much pollen almost dancing around in the air.
    Local honey can help the issue. Apparently oily fish helps with throat. And a little vaselene on the opening of your nostrils. Sunglasses help the eyes too.

Yes. Best thing I've found (I don't tend to do it unless it's particularly bad, but perhaps I should do it more) is to snort saline up one nostril at a time. I was a bit shame-faced when I told the doctor this, as I'd got the very basic (palm of the hand) technique from the Internet, but he said it was absolutely the best thing to do!

Quote Originally Posted by KR21 View Post
    Anyone else suffer from literally CONSTANT post nasal drip?
    Yes - have done for as long as I can remember. Living in a very dusty house probably doesn't help - and as a result I can cough something terrible of a morning especially.

Thread Information