Thread: eye twitch (when I yyawn sometimes)

eye twitch (when I yyawn sometimes)

Heya -
    I am not sure if I strained my eye the other day or not when I was doing funny faces for my newphew but now...
    When I yawn and I close my eyes shut, and I open them...my upper left eyelid twitches for 3-4 seconds and then stops.
    If I do a second yawn straight away, nothing happens. And throughout the day it doesn't twitch. Only if I shut my eyes really hard during yawning...

It's like the first time a tiny muscle in there tenses, it flutters. Then the second, third time and so on it's fine. - has anyone had this before? (and should I be worried? I am a hypochondriac after all.. )

Re: eye twitch (when I yyawn sometimes)

Oh my goodness yes, often, infact two days ago it began after a massive yawn ! I honestly have no idea why people get so concerned about eye twitches, they are just tiny delicate muscles and the nerves around them becoming a bit jittery after being tensed or stretched too far. It so so common and could take quite a while to 'heal' and resolve. Of course you shouldn't be worried, just forget it, it ll go in good time.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Oh my goodness yes, often, infact two days ago it began after a massive yawn ! I honestly have no idea why people get so concerned about eye twitches, they are just tiny delicate muscles and the nerves around them becoming a bit jittery after being tensed or stretched too far. It so so common and could take quite a while to 'heal' and resolve. Of course you shouldn't be worried, just forget it, it ll go in good time.
    Thanks
    I try to think rationally as I can and control my hypochondria but it's not always easy.

My relaxing thought is : if it were something serious it would be constant. And it wouldn't just occur after first yawn but not after the second one.

All the best.

if it were something serious it would be constant.
    Well yes, kind of, but even if it was 'constant' it doesn't mean its serious. There are people here who have had constant eye twitching for months and a year ! (with nothing wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well yes, kind of, but even if it was 'constant' it doesn't mean its serious. There are people here who have had constant eye twitching for months and a year ! (with nothing wrong)
    Thanks again for taking the time to answer

Thread Information