Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Health anxiety

Health anxiety/gums/lump in neck

Hi all, I’m going through a really tough time at minute, currently sat in bed crying, the past 4 weeks have finally done me in! I’ve been on this site 7 years and never posted anything always looked. I suffer from health anxiety been up and down with it for years. I’m on no medication for health anxiety I don’t like taking meds but saying that that’s all I’ve been on for past 4 weeks..... first week I had a uti I’ve suffered from uti’s for years and years, doctor gave me antibiotics but always thinking it’s never right this, why do I keep getting them must be something else, I know I will ask google 🙄 I work myself up into a right state, so finished the antibiotics for the uti , Then had my second Covid injection, this really worried me as the first one I was so poorly but I had it done and was fine 😥 then 2 days after my gums started hurting it one side of my mouth, thought brilliant 🙄 I’m prone to sore gums and obviously google and end up with alsorts, 2 days after the sore gums I couldn’t stand the pain anymore, got in with me emergency dentist and she gave me 2 lots of antibiotics to take for a week, gums are getting better, but I now have thrush 😞 I have some stuff for it and it’s slowly going, I honestly think that something is wrong with me, I’m slowly dieing or got something that’s attacking my system, I have a small lump that hurts now under my jaw , I also suffer with ibs ( I can cope with that) and Gilbert’s syndrome, I’ve not had a panic attack for years but I’m on the verge of one or breaking down. I’m 40 years old 😞
    Last edited by emmatallulah; 13-05-21 at 11:15.

Re: Health anxiety

Okay, what do you usually do to get through your panic attacks?

Reading on here that help and snuggling up in bed, telling myself to stop it

Maybe start looking at some of the self-help resources available on the site? It sounds as though you've had a crappy month, but there are tips and tricks you can learn to handle these things so they don't feel quite so overwhelming.

Yeah I have 😞 thank you x

Drop me a line if you need to chat, okay? I know how tough it can be.

Re: Health anxiety/gums/lump in neck

You’re really going through it aren’t you! All of these things can contribute to you feeling run down.

I’m glad you’ve said hello though, and I hope that writing all of it down has helped a little?

Do you do any relaxation exercises when you’re snuggled up in bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you, it has helped a little yeah, I’m such a private person and always keep it in, tell everyone I’m fine 🙄 my uti has gone and my gums are lots better I just had this dread that came over me this morning, I’ve had headache all day but that’s with the crying I’ve done. I’ve been like this for years on and off. I put Netflix on when I’m in bed but managed to have a nice bath and took dogs for a little walk. I’m just tired all time and have to push myself, I just always think the worse with health anxiety, always looking for something and looking for reassurance, I’m always thinking something must be wrong with me, then on a good day I’m like get a grip now, I’ve suffered with uti for years and still hear but at time I panic and think that’s it I’m a gonner 🙄 x

So I’ve had a couple of good days ☺️ Been working so that takes my mind off things. Last night laid in bed all relaxed and a wave of dread came over me on and off, strange feeling like it’s going up my body to my jaw, just laid there thinking I’m going to have a heart attack, didn’t sleep very well at all, just started my period too 🙄 why can’t I just be ok. Obviously didn’t have a heart attack but the feeling was awful, no in my bottom jaw but the top, anyone had this before? I’m feeling very tense today but will plod on x

The evening ones are awful, aren't they? I always find my period messes with my anxiety, too.

For what it's worth, I think you're doing the right thing by just trying to get on with your day; it stinks but it's the best way to get rid of it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information