The back of my neck start to hurt 4 months ago when I turn my head to the left or right. No radiating pain or dizziness or other symptoms. If I don’t turn my head, no local points I can feel pain if I press around the back of my neck. I went to my primary care doc, she gave me a neck exam and sent me to physical therapy (muscular she thinks). I then did 2 chiro sessions and stopped. Didn’t help. Through out this time, I also have gone to ENT for a different reason but she did give me a full ENT exam. I also came back to the primary doc for another recheck. She sent me for weekly chiro now.

I’ve been going to chiropractor weekly for 3 weeks , along with his exercises daily at home. The pain gets better and some time worst on other day. I know I have bad posture. My shoulder blades and neck muscles are tight according to the chiro.

Anyway now I’m getting worried that I shall have demanded the Doctors to send me for imaging tests like X-Ray or MRI to rule out nothing serious with my neck/shoulder. Because I have health anxiety so I was trying to trust their 3 exams (2 different doctors). Is this gonna be backfired because I waited this long? I can’t see the GP for another week. I will demand for some imaging tests and of course I’m getting panic already. I waited this long.

How do you trust your doctors when they don’t send you for additional tests?

Thanks for reading