Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tiny lump in armpit: Need some insight.

Re: Tiny lump in armpit: Need some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by LF87 View Post
    How did it go Mari? I feel like saying I know it'll be nothing, wish I could apply this to myself! Hope all is well, good luck Xx
    still a couple hours away. The nerves are so strong right now. I’ve possibly peed more than 6 times in the last hour LOL I’ve ate only a smoothie today because no appetite, and I’m super fidgety.

but yes I am trying to manifest positive vibes. I will update you all when I’m done.

Okay. So just got done. It was only 10 mins or so.

The lady was nice. She helped me with my anxiety in the moment. Told me don’t spend your moments worrying until you get your results. Told me I’m doing the right thing. Cause I was so nervous I was shaking.

well of course, it was really hard to find even with feeling it, and she kept having me point it out to her. So she could get the ultrasound right on the spot.

she took a couple photos of that area, proceeded to show me what she was seeing. She said it’s possibly a vein I was feeling and sometimes they surface like that. Cause the ultrasound picked up on a vein.

she also showed me two black circles there as well. Of course I don’t know what that means, I didn’t even want to look in the first place but she did end up showing me. She didn’t do any measurements on her end. Just took images of it. They were completely black round circles.

She then went to show the radiologist before letting me go on my way. She talked to the radiologist and they felt that there was nothing further needed and said I could go and would get the results in 5 to 7 days because of paper work and sending it to my doctor, etc.

not sure what to make out of the experience as this is my first imaging experience. If anyone can give me some insight.

Otherwise she didn’t seem concerned or urgent. It’s hard to see their faces honestly as it as done in the dark and they have masks on lol. But her tone of voice was content.

You did so well seriously. My sis in law had a lump checked in breast clinic recently, said she was in and out and got results pretty quick and was nothing to worry about. The person looking at your scan said nothing of concern, I'd be taking that as a you're OK! My bf has booked me a doc appointment (behind my back) as says he's so sick of hearing me talk about it/prodding it and I simply don't have the balls to book one. That's Tuesday so, hopefully i won't bottle it. So scared!

You did so well seriously. My sis in law had a lump checked in breast clinic recently, said she was in and out and got results pretty quick and was nothing to worry about. The person looking at your scan said nothing of concern, I'd be taking that as a you're OK! My bf has booked me a doc appointment (behind my back) as says he's so sick of hearing me talk about it/prodding it and I simply don't have the balls to book one. That's Tuesday so, hopefully i won't bottle it. So scared!
    thank you for that. It was really hard and in the end there is a sense of relief that I’m getting it taking care of. The hardest part is just getting yourself to do it. I like that your partner has done it for you. Sometimes that’s a good push! I know you can pull through! Keep us updated on that!

as for the scan, that makes sense that they didn’t find anything concerning. I wonder if they did in that moment, would they have let me know? Or maybe had me stay for further imaging/biopsy/follow up?

I think they'd definitely indicate if there was concern yeah. The fact they weren't really fussing or anything is good. We don't know what we're looking at with those scan images either so don't worry about that. When I've had my smears I've had biopsies for mild changes and they asked if I wanted to see. I said absolutely not and kept my eyes firmly closed haha, I know where my brain goes. I'm sure yours was fine

I think they'd definitely indicate if there was concern yeah. The fact they weren't really fussing or anything is good. We don't know what we're looking at with those scan images either so don't worry about that. When I've had my smears I've had biopsies for mild changes and they asked if I wanted to see. I said absolutely not and kept my eyes firmly closed haha, I know where my brain goes. I'm sure yours was fine
    oh my, I wish I had that option. She didn’t ask me if I wanted to see or not she just turned the screen to me and said “well what you’re feeling seems to be a vein cause that’s what is picking up, but all we have here are these two things in that area that the scan is picking up”. Which were two black circles. That’s literally all she said, super chill about it. I don’t know why she decided to show me as if I knew what I was seeing and could say anything about it.

She then said she needed to just fill in the info into her computer and that I could get dressed, she would go show the radiologist and tell me if I could go on my way or not. She came back a couple mins later and said I was good to go and would get my results in 5 to 7 days.

she didn’t mention to me what she thought they were as I’m not sure the technician can say those things maybe?

just checking in with you! Did you end up having your appointment today after all? xx

Hey! Sorry for late reply my phone was out of action. Have you heard back with your results yet?
    No, i bottled it again:( My therapist person says i have to go on Thursday or she's gonna ask the GP to come to my house! She says it's really hindering my progression in CBT for my ocd and that I need to get my mind put at rest. Just very scared Xx

Hey! Sorry for late reply my phone was out of action. Have you heard back with your results yet?
    No, i bottled it again:( My therapist person says i have to go on Thursday or she's gonna ask the GP to come to my house! She says it's really hindering my progression in CBT for my ocd and that I need to get my mind put at rest. Just very scared Xx
    Hey! No results yet! It was a holiday on Monday. So I’m expecting a bit delay.

And don’t beat yourself up about it, I know it’s so hard. But like I’ve said, the hardest part is actually bringing attention to it and getting it checked out. Once that step is overcome, it becomes a bit easier.

Does your therapist give you any advice on how to get yourself to attend your appointment?

hey! Just checking in again. Did you end up pulling through with the appointment?

as for me, still no results. The technician did say by the end of the week so I technically still have till Friday!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information