Thread: 💩 Loose stool for months

💩 Loose stool for months

Hi all. I can’t remember the last time I had a “solid” sausage-like poo.

I’ve recently started paying attention to it and it’s making me anxious. My poops tend to be quite mushy and loose. I’ve also had some recent stools that were quite thin, but I think that’s because I didn’t actually need to go to the bathroom and was forcing myself a little.

I’m 30 years old and recently took up a vegetarian based diet, as well as exercising a lot more. Could this be the cause of my bowel movements?

I’m worried about bowel cancer as it’s always been one of my HA fears. I’ve not got any other symptoms, such as blood etc.

What do you think? I hate going to the doctors and want to avoid it if poss. Is this normal for some folks?

Thanks in advance.

Re: 💩 Loose stool for months

If I remember correctly, any major change in diet can affect your poop, usually diarrhea/etc. Anecdotal evidence: my Aunt was on a strictly vegetarian diet for a while, and then decided to eat an entire summer sausage. Yeah, her bowels did not take that change well. I am sure going from meat to vegetarian can cause similar issues.

I have had the same issue, but with some pain in my abdomen and bloating. I did an e-consultation and the doc asked for a stool sample. I am now awaiting the results of that. I Will post the results here. I am praying it is something simple, as my HA is telling me it could be something sinister!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellvee View Post
    Hi all. I can’t remember the last time I had a “solid” sausage-like poo.

I’ve recently started paying attention to it and it’s making me anxious. My poops tend to be quite mushy and loose. I’ve also had some recent stools that were quite thin, but I think that’s because I didn’t actually need to go to the bathroom and was forcing myself a little.

I’m 30 years old and recently took up a vegetarian based diet, as well as exercising a lot more. Could this be the cause of my bowel movements?

I’m worried about bowel cancer as it’s always been one of my HA fears. I’ve not got any other symptoms, such as blood etc.

What do you think? I hate going to the doctors and want to avoid it if poss. Is this normal for some folks?

Thanks in advance.
    Any change to diet (and going veggie is quite a change) will affect the colon.

Problem is that you've bypassed logic and gone straight for the most least likely cause - cancer.

The other problem is that anxiety also affects the colon - so it's no wonder you have the shits right now.

See this for what it really is and things will settle down when your insides have got used to this new diet. Maybe add some rice in? That will harden things up a bit - but don't eat too much or you could go the other way.

Thread Information