Thread: Very worried about suspicious mole that I had removed from my scalp.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Very worried about suspicious mole that I had removed from my scalp.

Just for some background, I'm a 29 year old male and just had a suspicious mole removed from my scalp two days ago by my dermatologist so that it can be biopsied. I really started paying attention to this mole after getting a haircut about two weeks ago (I noticed there was a brownish ring around the mole while looking in the mirror that was a different color than the mole was), but I believe this mole may have been there for some time. I originally went to a GP to get this looked at, and while they didn't suspect anything malignant, they suggested seeing my dermatologist anyway. I had already called my dermatologist before seeing my GP and got an appointment within two weeks. My dermatologist didn't seem too concerned, but said it was a strange-looking mole that should be biopsied. I go to my dermatologist annually to get screenings and check myself often because my grandpa died from melanoma, but I'm hoping this isn't a melanoma that flew under the radar and had time to spread to other parts of my body because my hair was covering it. Even before this, I had a fear of scalp melanoma because it tends to be harder to detect due to its location, which makes it harder to treat. I feel like I did everything I could after noticing this, and got to see my dermatologist pretty quickly, but I wish I had noticed this sooner.

I'm having a hard time thinking about anything besides the pending biopsy results at this point. If anyone on here has a story about a suspicious mole, I'd love to hear it.
    Last edited by beq45; 16-05-21 at 00:04.

Thread Information