Thread: Someone I know died of a heart attack at a young age. Now worried!

Someone I know died of a heart attack at a young age. Now worried!

Hello

I know someone young that died of a heart attack. Paranoid!

A friend of mine’s brother passed away yesterday at age 37 due to a heart attack. IDK if he had any health issues but that is very young.

Now I am worried. I have generically high cholesterol but I control it with lose dose statins. My BP is normal (115/71). I try to run a few times a week. I am 30 years old.

I know it is irrational for me to think this way but it’s kinda hard not too in a case like this!

Re: Someone I know died of a heart attack at a young age. Now worried!

I get it. I understand and sympathize. My own brother passed away similarly when I was younger. For a very long time I was terrified. He was young and seemed healthy. I for sure thought it could happen to me, too. Obviously it ran in our family!

It was the start of my health anxiety journey.

It wasn't until 10 years later that my parents sat me down and told me my brother had been addicted to hard drugs since he was a teenager and that was the root of his heart issues. I had never known. He always seemed healthy and fine!

I guess what I am trying to says is that I understand how you feel. But we truly never know the details of someone else's life that could lead to things like this.

Sending you hugs and good vibes.

Hi there,
    My Dad died of a heart attack when he was just 42, I've spent my entire life terrified that it was going to happen to me. A wasted life on something that hasn't happened and that if one day it does there will be nothing I can do about it. So just take care of your health and enjoy life!

My dad and his dad both died of sudden death at ages 50 and 51. I suffer with a few different heart arrhythmia’s mostly benign and now a new one that is not so benign and so I can definitely understand and relate to this type of anxiety.
    Facts are that heart attacks can and do happen in younger people for one reason or another but it’s honestly not all that much of a common occurrence.
    Treat your heart well by doing all the things that are are good for it for your future and hopefully you won’t have ever one. There are usually signs here and there that something isn’t right and unfortunately a lot of people ignore them and so it gets to the point of a heart attack. If you ever have those signs legitimate ones that aren’t anxiety driven get them checked out but until then live your life clean and as good as you can.

Thread Information