Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pancreatic/Stomach Cancer Worries

Pancreatic/Stomach Cancer Worries

Hello Everyone,

Long time reader second time poster. Previous worry of breast cancer.

Lately though I’ve had some pains under my robs that goes to my back and goes from one side to the next but feels like just a stitch sometimes.

I did actually read a poster previously say that their relatives pancreatic cancer started as a stitch, which has me worried. I also read a post where they said it can still be cancer if it comes and goes.

I previously had similar 5 years ago and my dr did bloods(not sure what) and ultrasound, which showed nothing but worried it’s grown or other posts say an ultrasound won’t catch it only a CT.

i admire everyone in here as they bravely go to the drs and get checked out... I’m so scared in case it’s there. My thoughts go to worst case first. Could this be something not so bad🙁

Re: Pancreatic/Stomach Cancer Worries

Hey there! I have been having issues with an inflamed pancreas lately (not exactly pancreatic cancer but still related), so maybe my input about the pain I feel might ease your fears somewhat. Most of my pain happens after I eat solid foods, particularly large, fatty meals. It is a excruciating burning pain that is mainly felt in my back near the base of my ribs or in between my shoulder blades. This terrible burning pain only lasts 15 minutes to an hour before subsiding into a much duller pain. I will get random twinges of dull and/or burning pain throughout the day especially if I bend over or change positions. Lately, I have also been getting nausea along with this pain and a dull pain in the epigastric region right below the breast bone.

I had a CT scan a month ago and nothing showed up there, so doubtful that it is pancreatic cancer, but it is clear that something is inflaming my pancreas. For this reason, I hope to convince my GI to get me either an endoscopic ultrasound or an MRCP to check out my bile ducts, since I think it is most likely gallstones or gallbladder sludge causing my issues.

Thank you for replying. This certainly doesn’t sound like what you have, I’m trying not to focus on it,but am not succeeding very well!
    i hope you get on top of your troubles and thank you for your insight x

So back again. Still getting these weird stitch like cramps, both sides and into my back.

Im 40 so not to young for cancer... would anyone really come back to tell you that their symptoms did indeed lead to a diagnosis? Has anyone had anything like this that wasn’t cancer. I just keep seeming to see these stories everywhere now like it’s a sign. But the symptoms definitely came first, it just seems like the world is trying to tell me something. But I’m so so scared to go to get tested.

how do u guy s even get the courage to get the tests done. Any good news stories.... however small,muchly appreciated.... oh or if someone wants to come hold my hand to get the tests done, I’d be in that to lol.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I would totally hold your hand through any tests, but sadly I live in a different country lol. Instead, I'll give you some virtual hugs. 😊

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalStars View Post
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. I would totally hold your hand through any tests, but sadly I live in a different country lol. Instead, I'll give you some virtual hugs. 
    Thank you,! Your doing great I hope ur tests come back good on June 1st.

I had a similar experience last year and convinced myself I wouldnt see my kids go back to school in September; pain on left side under ribs, yellow floating BM. Gas, tingles in my back like pins and needles, lost 8 ibs in two weeks - ended up with two visits to A&E, 3 blood tests and a Private referal for two ultrasounds and a CT scan...

All on here in my posts at the time.

I'm not saying this is the same as yours and you do need to see a Dr to tell them your issues but mine tuned out to be two things that I had fused together - i'd pulled a muscle in my side moving a new sofa that was radiating pain to my back, then because my HA kicked in I gave myself nervous stomach (IBS) which kept on cycling and because I was having panic attacks and stressing over the 'symptoms' it couldnt resolve; when I went back to the Consultant Gastro after the scans he was really supportive and told me how common it is for HA sufferers to have IBS that doesnt clear; in a sense you dont let yourself clear it and you keep getting fight or fight response all day long. He also guessed that I kept rubbing my ribs and prodding them trying to find any issues which in of itself meant I was hyper aware of them. His big convincer for me was a simple one - cancer doesnt move around and when it does you will know you are very ill and wont just have niggly symptoms; in my case it also doesnt just disappear the minute I have imaging tests done...

He also flat out refused to perfom any invasive tests as he told me I simply dont need them and he wouldnt put anyone through any procedure he in his 40 years of practice didnt think they needed.

Thank you for that, that would have been such a relief for you. Thank you for sharing. Currently trying to relax to see if they are symptoms there or not. I am petrified of going to the drs. I did have similar 5 years ago after a lady same age as me in or town was diagnosed , since passed from pancreatic cancer. Had bloods and upper abdominal scan and was clear, but that was a while ago now. And these stories that keep jumping out of the news at you.... anyways thanks again and f
    glad yours was not serious,and thanks for the help x

So now I’m thinking that I have a tumour or something causing this stitch, as sometimes I feel bloated and full, and I read a tumour could block the bowel. I’m so scared to get tests as I can’t even think what else it could be. I have 2 beautiful girls that need their mum�� has someone been told it’s something other than ibs or anxiety as I really can’t see those things causing this at all x

I’m so scared still. I really don’t think it’s ibs or anxiety. I keep thinking I’ll be the one that will be diagnosed with stomach pancreatic or bowel cancer or even someone mentioned ovarian cancer with the stitch. I have 2 girls that need their mum, I can’t get past the fear of going to the drs to get tested but my pains just won’t go away .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information