Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Terrified of my 2nd dose Astra Zeneca this week

Terrified of my 2nd dose Astra Zeneca this week

I (F36) am scheduled to recieve my second dose of Astra Zeneca vaccination this week, but I'm considering cancelling it. I got the first one almost 3 months ago. In the meantime in my country this vaccination was suspended, allowed for use for all, then again suspended and allowed again but only for use in people over 60. I was told that because I didnt develop theombosis the 1st time I can easily take the 2nd dose despite my age, but my trust in the vaccination has lessen.

I want to get vaccinated but I'm having issues with accepting this 2nd dose, because of all the contradictory information. For example Denmark proposes the 2nd vaccination to be a different brand than AZ, here they say that one shiuld jot mix vaccination...

Another reason why Im doubtful is that 10 mins after the 1st dose I started to have a very rapid heart rate, a very weak pulse, and I had difficulties breathing. This definately didnt feel like a panic attack. I'd like to add that I was completely calm and relaxed when I went to the doctor so I really dont believe it was a panic attack at all. Plus it really felt different. It got better after 30 mins, and I cycled home. The rest of the day was crap, and I just spent it on the couch, feeling cold and uneasy. Last week I came across an article that described these symptoms as signs of an allergic reaction. I am asthamtic and I have multiple other allergies (some of them serious enough to send me to the ER). I asked the doctor about it, and he said that he never heard of anyone reacting like that to the vaccine... I started to wonder how come I know the symptoms of an anaphylactic and he does not? This made me loose faith in my doctor too.

Are there any other people here who had similar synptoms after their 1st dose? If so do you have aby other allergies? Did you still decide to take the second shot? If so, how did it go? Did you also experience nose and gumbleeds after your first dose?

Re: Terrified of my 2nd dose Astra Zeneca this week

Hi

Please read the other posts in this sub-forum there are loads of posts like this and that will answer your questions.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

All I can say is that my 35 year old son and my 29 year old daughter have both had 2 doses of the AZ vaccine with no side effects. My son has multiple health issues involving his organs but breezed through both.

My 68 year old brother was woken by a rapid heartbeat in the night after he had his first AZ jab.

It didn't happen the second time.

Hi I had the first vaccination back in Feb the AZ I was sooooo ill, I thought what have I done to my body, I have health anxiety 😟 took me a while to pluck the courage up to have the first one, but after 3 days of being ill I was fine, then my second vaccine was coming up in may I thought I’m not having it!! I’m not doing that to my body again!! But as the date came up I plucked the courage up and had it, 2 weeks ago now and I had nothing but a sore arm for a day, that was it, I’m 40, I work in health care and a doctor did tell me that if your really bad on your first one you will be fine on second and vise versa, so glad I’ve had it done now but the stress and worry before hand was awful x

Quote Originally Posted by emmatallulah View Post
    Hi I had the first vaccination back in Feb the AZ I was sooooo ill, I thought what have I done to my body, I have health anxiety took me a while to pluck the courage up to have the first one, but after 3 days of being ill I was fine, then my second vaccine was coming up in may I thought I’m not having it!! I’m not doing that to my body again!! But as the date came up I plucked the courage up and had it, 2 weeks ago now and I had nothing but a sore arm for a day, that was it, I’m 40, I work in health care and a doctor did tell me that if your really bad on your first one you will be fine on second and vise versa, so glad I’ve had it done now but the stress and worry before hand was awful x
    Thank you for sharing your experience. I am going back and forth on it. I really want to get vaccinated for my safety, and also the safety of others, but I'm afraid of the allergic reaction more than I am of potential thrombosis.
    The vaccination is supposed tobhappen on Friday, and I'm still unsure whst to do. Saturday I was sure I wont do it, now I'm thinking I will. It's exhausting. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    My 68 year old brother was woken by a rapid heartbeat in the night after he had his first AZ jab.

It didn't happen the second time.
    Thank you Pamplemousse! So for your brother the 2nd dose was better than the 1st in general?
    Last edited by Iwant2bhealthy; 22-05-21 at 11:51.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    All I can say is that my 35 year old son and my 29 year old daughter have both had 2 doses of the AZ vaccine with no side effects. My son has multiple health issues involving his organs but breezed through both.
    Thank you Pulisa!

I'm afraid of the allergic reaction
    An allergic reaction would have happened the first time, certainly not the second ! Most people having AZ, almost all , if they are going to get side effects get them with the first one. My neighbour was really ill for 5 days when she had her first one, this time - nothing and the same applies to everyone else I've spoken with.

My son has a diagnosed heart condition and had no heart rate problems at all after either jab.

I hope you decide to have the 2nd jab. As Carys says, the 2nd jab is pretty straightforward.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information