Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone else dealing with NSVT

Re: Anyone else dealing with NSVT

You didn’t, promise 😉

Re: Anyone else dealing with NSVT

Thanks for sharing. Your situation sounds pretty similar to mine.

Have been dealing with PVCs for years (I'm 36). Tons of ECGs, holters, etc. and no one seemed too concerned. About two years ago, I started training for a marathon and wanted to make sure everything was working ok before I fully committed. Had an echo that showed some mild thickening and diastolic dysfunction. My cardiologist wasn't alarmed by either, told me to just follow up in a few years (he actually said the diastolic dysfunction was probably an error, didn't make sense with all the other evidence).

Fast forward to this year, meeting with my primary care doc. Haven't been feeling good lately (fatigued and lightheaded), but all my lab work came back good. She recommended putting me on an event monitor for a month. I should also note, I had cancer six years ago and a pulmonary embolism during treatment. Doctors tend to take me seriously, which is nice! On the plus side, the chemo worked and I've been cancer free for several years.

The event monitor picked up some PVCs and PACs, but nothing of note EXCEPT for one episode of NVST of three beats. I made the mistake of Googling that one. As a result, the cardiologist recommended a stress test, which I had last week.

Apparently, despite be really anxious, I nailed the stress test. The nurse said it was the best she's seen in a while (guess running pays off for something). I did have PVCs during it, which in a way, made me feel better that they showed up. Had what felt like a bunch during the cool down too.

Today, I just had my follow up with my cardiologist. He basically said, everything looks good on his end, and he's pretty paranoid. The only thing he wants to monitor is the slight thickening that showed on my echo. And my blood pressure. My BP is always sky high at the doc, but then fine when I monitor at home. Go figure. But for now, just something to keep an eye on. He just wants another echo in two years. No further testing or meds (which I'm currently not on any) right now.

Sooo...there you have it. Sorry to ramble. I'm trying hard to just let it bet and accept that I feel weird beats sometime, but yeah, it's hard! Guess there's no use in obsessing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information