Thread: Acid Reflux and Stomach Pain

Acid Reflux and Stomach Pain

Alright everyone

Long time no speak.

This forum was great for a health worrier like me back on the old forum, hoping I can unload my worries on here again.

I've suffered on and off with bad acid reflux since 2015. Whenever I have a bad bout of reflux, I go back on Omeprazole (20mg) for a few months and that seems to sort it out. Recently (in the last few months) my reflux has been bad and the 20mg doesn't seem to be really doing too much, just maintaining it - sore throat in the morning, croaky voice and reflux symptoms in the middle of the chest and excess burping - you know, the normal with bad reflux.

I have also started to notice that I am having constant discomfort in my lower stomach, like a band of pressure (front and back) and some random sharp pain around the left hand side of my stomach and a weird burning sensation in the middle. I'm still going to the toilet normally, can see no blood and my stools remain fairly the same. I haven't lost weight and am eating normally, even if I feel a bit of discomfort after. This has been pretty consistent for the past few weeks or so. In the past certain types of food (spicy/fatty) and drink (alcohol) have caused increased wind and toilet trips the next day, but this current discomfort doesn't seem dependent on what I'm eating or drinking.

I have had stuff this before and its gone, but I always worry when it does kick in. I spoke to the GP about upping my Omeprazole and she said yes (now on 40mg), but also wants me to have a blood test (fine) and a bloody endoscopy! Has anyone else had one? I'm freaking the **** out about the throat one, so I've requested the nose one which seems to look at the same stuff. She said nothing seems bad but wants to look at what might be causing the reflux.

Advice and words of confidence all appreciated!

Re: Acid Reflux and Stomach Pain

Sorry no advice but going through funny stabbing pains as well with no apparent cause. Good luck with your tests and fingers crossed for a positive outcome x

Thread Information