I've been having various bladder issues since my hysterectomy that I put off to healing but finally set out to address this past few weeks. I had a urine test done last week to check for infection based on my symptoms and it was clear. I then got an appointment with a urologist who specializes in pelvic floor dysfunction. She did an exam and diagnosed me with an overly tight/spasming pelvic floor, likely the result of surgery. It would explain all my symptoms - pressure, burning, irritation, tail bone pain, etc... I was so relieved. Then, this morning the results of the routine urine test she did came back and it showed elevated red blood cells, crystals (apparently a "normal" kind), and yeasts. She messaged me to say that I'll need a retest to double check for the red blood cells because if they are still there I'll need a kidney scan and cystoscopy.

I realize this is almost certainly nothing - maybe mild infection that's not showing up or general inflammation that I've been feeling the last few weeks. Or even kidney stones because of the crystals. It could have also been a bad sample - it WAS a terrible catch because I had just peed before leavings and basically had nothing but a dribble.

But, I'm tired this week and my defenses are down. I have to write a paper for law school to get accepted onto the Law Review and last night my 7 year was sick out of nowhere for like 5 hours. We have our first post-Covid vacation coming up and I was just waiting for her to end up with a stomach bug or something now that we've brought her to like 3 places last week after a year of quarantine. Thankfully, it seems like she probably just ate something that didn't agree with her. But, oy. My anti-anxiety barriers are breaking down this week. Honestly, the biggest worry is that I'll need to go for the other testing but not until after my vacation and I don't want it hanging over my head during that trip!!