Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Throat/Oral cancer worries.

Throat/Oral cancer worries.

Hi all,

I'm back again, seems I am anxious about anything within my body again. Ugh. I'm 29 and male from the UK. No health conditions. Ex smoker and dont drink.

I dealt with Health Anxiety years ago when I was convinced I had a range of cancers including, bowel and melanoma. I've then had a good few years where I seem to have not focused on anything with my body.

However, recently thats changed, so a couple months ago now I noticed a tiny lump in my neck on the right hand side about halfway down. This had me panicked as I googled and all I was met with, was cancer. I went to the GP who felt it, said it was nothing to worry about and sent me on my way. So that subsided for a while. However, past few days my Anxiety has amped up again..

Now it feels like I have a ball of phlegm stuck in my throat, only when swallowing saliva. It doesn't feel like that when eating/drinking. So that has led me to believe I have oral cancer coupled with my tongue looking white..

The lump is still there, hwever if anything its smaller but definitely not grown.

I'm really anxious i have some form of oral cancer:(

Re: Throat/Oral cancer worries.

Sounds like globus - look that up

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I have had a look at the globus thing and it does seem like it could be that. I mean it could be anything, but my mind obviously has diverted to the worst case scenario. More I think about it, the worse it seems to get. Surely if was tumor related it would affect swallowing food more than saliva?

It sounds like classic globus as Nic says. Anything worse would affect swallowing food but the fact that you don't have any issues with this is very reassuring.

The more anxious you are the more the globus sensation will bother you.

Convinced I have some kind of throat cancer.

Hello.

I am in the midst of either a health anxiety battering or full fledged cancer.

I have been having slight issues since end of February now.

I felt a tiny lump in my neck on the right hand side end of Feb and have been to the GP in regards to this, where she felt the lump and the rest of my lymphnodes to be sure. She advised the lump was of no concern and sent me on my way. The lump remains, same sized and not changed in any way.

Fast forward to recently. I've been having some issues with my actual throat. Its quite a hard one to describe tbh but ill do my best. So It started with what felt like mucous when I was swallowing my own saliva. Like it was getting stuck when I swallowed own saliva (no issues with food/drink) - I've also started to clear throat a bit as it feels like there's some phlegm just sat there. I have a dry cough now and then, probably twice/three times a day. My throat isn't 'sore' - I've had sore throats before. This is more of a annoying sensation. Like its very dry but I notice is there. Just no pain associated with it. Sometimes the feeling goes completely. Dont even feel it. Other times like now is all literally all im focused on. I also had what I can only describe as a tired voice? Felt like i was straining tk speak and throat ache (like it was bruised) for a couple of days which was really uncomfortable, this has since passed however.

I also am having quite a stuffy nose, which is probably assisting in providing more mucous for my throat. Again this varies from runny to very dry. I also have extremely dry eyes when I wake up from sleep in the morning. In general I'm dry eyed, mouth and nose when first wake up. My lips have corner cuts due to dryness also.

I've had a couple of instances where I've had bad heartburn whilst suffering this, one day where it was the whole day and then the occasional acid burps. I do feel like I'm burping a bit more than usual. I don't know.

No weight loss and definitely no loss of appetite. I quit smoking 2 months ago and have noticed a massive increase in eating!

I know weight loss is a massive sign of cancer, so I'm glad I do not have this.

However, due to the multiple other symptoms and a habit of googling and reading multiple reddit/forum posts and the thought process of maybe the GP didn't feel the lump properly and its throat cancer thats been eating away the past 3/4 months.

I know at 29, its rare.. but unfortunately my brain doesn't agree and just thinks the worst.

Just looking into insights really from anyone who has suffered anything similar. There is a backlog at the GP and I can't be seen for another 3 weeks at the moment (as not classed as emergency)

Any advice, help, stories would be massively of help.

Thanks all

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Throat Cancer? Help.

Hi all.

29 year old male from the UK. No pre-existing health conditions that I know of. Ex smoker, dont drink and overweight. Diet is pretty crap not going to lie.

So, this all started back in March, when I felt a tiny lump in my neck and this led me to 2 weeks of panic followed by a GP visit. GP felt the lump as well as all my other lymph nodes in neck and was not concerned and sent me on my way. The lump is still there same place, same size.

Fast forward to about 2 weeks ago and I started with a feeling of Phlegm being stuck in throat? Only when swallowing my own saliva. Drinking/Eating im fine. This was accompanied by need to clear my throat which I would do a few times a day and a cough which is only a couple of times a day too. I then had what can only be described as a tired voice? It felt like my voice was tired and I also had "throat ache" where it felt like my throat was bruised. They have since disappeared. I thought I was feeling better as had been out and about and not really focused on it. Last night however, I had extremely sore eyes whilst sitting in a friends garden to the point they were burning. Fell asleep and woke this morning to a very "dry, sore throat" and dry eyes (very crusty) and nose. This has over the course of the morning got better.

My appetite is good, eating alot and actually have put weight on since this started.

I'm a chronic googler so googling my symptoms shows up multiple scenarios. I've seen throat cancers pop up and my mind has latched onto those and convinced myself its that.

I'm scared out of my head I have some cancer in my neck that the GP missed.

Other people have said it could be post nasal drip, LPR, hayfever etc. But I cant shake the thought of cancer. I just need some help and advice really please.

Re: Throat Cancer? Help.

Hi, this is a really common fear. Obviously nobody here can diagnose it and you maybe need to see a doctor again to put your mind at rest. it's really unlikely to be anything awful.

Have a look at all the threads on Globus Hystericus etc.

If it's any help, I've had weird neck lumps for about 40 years. They aren't always anything sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by JayWright91 View Post
    Other people have said it could be post nasal drip, LPR, hayfever etc. I just need some help and advice really please.
    Advice? Listen to what people are telling you.

Positive thoughts
    Last edited by Fishmanpa; 02-06-21 at 14:37.
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Advice? Listen to what people are telling you.

Positive thoughts
    I know, its just hard to ignore that part of you that says it can be something more sinister.

I'm guessing the chances of it being something more sinister are also low due to age?

I'm also guessing due to me having good days and then days when its quite bad are also a good sign. K wish I could click fingers and snap out of it tbh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information