Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had 1st Pfizer Shot Today - If You Had It What Was Your Experience?

Had 1st Pfizer Shot Today - If You Had It What Was Your Experience?

Just had my 1st Pfizer vaccine shot today, I had a massive panic attack right after having it thanks to people telling me horror stories (always leaving out that those people had severe underlining health conditions, but we're still okay). I got over the panic attack, it's only been a few hours since having it this morning.

The nurse made me stay there for 40 minutes after because I told her I'd had allergic reactions before to stuff. Thankfully, I don't seem to have had any reaction like that, which always makes me nervous. The last allergic reaction I had was to hair dye when I was a teenager. The panic attack was awful, made me feel like my tongue was swollen, but it was only due to my mouth being so dry.

Arm is a little sore, but not much, I'm doing housework to exercise as I heard that helps a little, and drinking lots and lots of water. My body feels a little achy, but I'm pretty sure that's from the work up earlier and the massive panic attack I had.

I let people's stupid rantings get in on me all week, which caused my anxiety to build up and then after getting the vaccine came a huge panic attack. So, just from my own experience, please don't listen to people, I think when they know you have an anxiety disorder about something, some people find it fun to cause you more anxiety by telling you horror stories. It only caused me to have a terrible panic attack. I also suggest if you do feel a bit anxious afterwards, I found it helped to have a protein bar or something to eat, it helps calm you down, or even water.

What was anyone else's experience? My parents were fine, my dad had his 2nd a couple weeks ago, he just felt a bit cold and very tired (but he is 74, and has many underlining health condition, but absolutely fine otherwise with the 2nd shot).

Re: Had 1st Pfizer Shot Today - If You Had It What Was Your Experience?

I had mine (pfizer) last month. After the first shot I felt a bit tired for a few hours and my arm was sore for probably 36 hours. Leading into the second one I drank a ton of water, as many had advised, and my experience was basically exactly the same but my arm pain wasn't as long-lasting. I felt a bit more sleepy than usual that day but nothing else - no fever, chills, aches, etc. With the second, I got the shot in the arm I don't sleep on (unlike the first time) and I wrapped an ice pack around it for about 3 hours while I was watching TV before bed. I woke up the next morning with no pain at all! I was bracing for all kinds of side effects on the second go round, but I felt absolutely fine and so did my husband. We're 38 and generally healthy aside from being a bit overweight.

I've had 2 Pfizer jabs and was absolutely fine both times. I carried on using my arm as normal and it definitely helps with the bruised feeling. It really wasn't a big deal.

I have mine booked for an hours time. I'm terrified of having an allergic reaction, no idea why. Also worried I will have a panic attack. Hope ur feeling better soon. X
    Last edited by Sezzyj85; 19-05-21 at 15:23.

@ErinKC Glad all went well! Yeah 33 and a bit overweight myself, but can sort that out eventually! So far, just a sore arm, little whoozy but that's probably from earlier. Relaxing at home now, and resting for the evening.

@pulisa Glad all went okay!

@Sezzyj85 Don't get yourself too anxious, it's what I did, and theirs really no need. I understand it though, but the doctors and nurses are all there to take care of you, that is why I was kept there for a little while after, they'd know if anything was wrong. You'll be fine, and then be sure to take it easy for the day, drink plenty of water and it'll be all okay!! Good luck and take it easy on yourself!!

take paracetamol every 4 hrs for 3 days xx

@JulieJay92 I will if I start to feel any worse. I think it says that in the pamphlet they give you also, so I have some there just in case! Thank you!

First time: pain at injection site, very sleepy (which coincided with a period of sleeplessness - all teh winz!)

Second time: pain at injection site, head felt heavy, bit headachey, muscle aches and pains. All mild.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information