Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pfizer Vaccine Anxiety

Re: Pfizer Vaccine Anxiety

I’ve had both Pfizer doses. First jab left a sore arm. Second jab felt a little blah for about 12 hours but Tylenol took care of side effects. Was super easy! Barely even felt the needle!

I've had both Pfizer jabs and nothing untoward happened to me, although I felt a little weak and lightheaded the day after my second jab, but nothing beyond the pale.

I think (purely by coincidence) I already had a few cold-like symptoms fuelled by allergies (pollen, hayfever, etc) just prior to my second jab anyway, which probably compounded it all.

How can someone "casually" mention something of this nature without meaning to alarm people who have had the Pfizer jab?

You will be very suggestible to any potential frightening side effect, Dan. No doubt you developed this new sensation immediately after absorbing your colleague's comment and panicking?

I don't think you need any "clarification" for the sake of your receptive HA but sadly it's probably too late now because the seed has been planted already and it's a real shame.

Quote Originally Posted by anxious_dan View Post
    I was not sure which thread to post this question in - I didn't want to start yet another 'pfizer anxiety' thread and i don't want to resurrect my old thread either - so if it is preferred I remove or move what i'm about to post then that is absolutely fine..

I'll also add a trigger warning here that if you don't want to read a health anxiety concern about pfizer please hit the back button now.

I am getting some very bad anxiety right now. I had pfizer a few weeks ago and have been totally fine. However someone at work casually mentioned recently something about pfizer and 'heart inflammation'.. I've been getting this really strong sensation of feeling my heart pounding through my chest today and it's makign me really worried. I'm hoping it's just anxiety, but I just wondered if anyone who researches lots about the vaccines could gently point me to any information that might clarify this heart inflammation comment. Is it even true? If so does it tend to effect people directly after the vaccine or weeks later? I'm sure it's extremely rare... and as i say i very much hope this is just anxiety but i just feel very aware of a pounding heart rate and it feels very unsettling and i keep thinking about what the guy at work said..
    Well so far there's been no mention of said side effects from the Pfizer in the news, so sounds like the guy at where you work has either been getting himself embroiled in silly scaremongering propaganda doing the rounds on social media, etc, or he is just being a know-it-all on a wind up!

It's been over a month now since I had my second Pfizer jab and so far nothing untoward has happened to me.

If someone on here posted about his/her heart pounding after a triggering event would you think that they had suspected heart inflammation, Dan?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I don't think you need any "clarification" for the sake of your receptive HA but sadly it's probably too late now because the seed has been planted already and it's a real shame.
    Hang on - what's "receptive HA", P? This sounds - if it is what I think it is - like me to perfection....

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Well so far there's been no mention of said side effects from the Pfizer in the news, so sounds like the guy at where you work has either been getting himself embroiled in silly scaremongering propaganda doing the rounds on social media, etc, or he is just being a know-it-all on a wind up!
    On the contrary, LB: https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2021...19-vaccination

The COVID-19 vaccine made by Pfizer and BioNTech appears to put young men at elevated risk of developing a heart muscle inflammation called myocarditis, researchers in Israel say. In a report submitted today to the Israeli Ministry of Health, they conclude that between one in 3000 and one in 6000 men ages 16 to 24 who received the vaccine developed the rare condition. But most cases were mild and resolved within a few weeks, which is typical for myocarditis.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamplemousse View Post
    Hang on - what's "receptive HA", P? This sounds - if it is what I think it is - like me to perfection....
    Well...You've provided the information for Dan which his HA will lap up..hence "receptive". I didn't think he needed any "clarification" because he was fine before he heard about this possible but not proven link.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Well...You've provided the information for Dan which his HA will lap up..hence "receptive". I didn't think he needed any "clarification" because he was fine before he heard about this possible but not proven link.
    Whoa, I'm not having that Pulisa.

Firstly, the link was provided for LB's benefit, not Dan's.

Secondly, Dan was/is free to do what he likes and may have already searched for (and found) the information.

So I'll not have YOU say I'M making his HA worse, right?

I'm sure Dan will have already done his "research" so I'm not saying that you've made matters worse, PM. The point I wanted to make was that HA loves "research" of this nature and again, Dan was fine before he heard about these rare heart issues.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information