Thread: Fears of colon/bowel cancer!

Unhappy Fears of colon/bowel cancer!

I have tried to eat healthily for about 5 years now and my BM's have been pretty regular and 'normal' in all that time (I used to be very irregular, before being on a healthier diet) However, I have had runny poo for over a month now, and for a month before it was on and off. I am now getting pains in my abdomen and tummy and I am going to the loo 2 or 3 times a day now (always runny).

I have taken a sample to my doctor's yesterday, but am now terrified of what the result may be. My maternal grandmother passed away from bowel cancer and my maternal grandfather and aunt also had cancer (I'm not sure where theirs started though). I am now petrified that I might have it. My tummy is constantly bloated also. If I take Loperamide it stops it from being so frequent.

Last night I came over all hot, 'swimmy' and queasy, then I had to run to the loo again! Can anyone put my mind at ease, I have googled it . . . I know, I shouldn't, but we all do don't we? and of course, my symptoms seem to just substantiate my paranoia!

Re: Fears of colon/bowel cancer!

The first thing to react when I'm anxious is my stomach. I have to run to the loo and everything I eat will go straight through me plus I get tummy cramps. Then I get stuck in that loop of anxiety = bad tummy = anxiety.....
    Things I do that help:
    Loperamide to stop the runs.
    Change diet for a few days to rice, bananas and bland fat free food to give my tummy a rest.
    Anti anxiety meds to calm me down.
    If none of those things help then I'll see the doctor.
    Try not to focus on the worst, I know we all do...but really there are SO many other things it could be before that.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

It could just be IBS

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    The first thing to react when I'm anxious is my stomach. I have to run to the loo and everything I eat will go straight through me plus I get tummy cramps. Then I get stuck in that loop of anxiety = bad tummy = anxiety.....
    Things I do that help:
    Loperamide to stop the runs.
    Change diet for a few days to rice, bananas and bland fat free food to give my tummy a rest.
    Anti anxiety meds to calm me down.
    If none of those things help then I'll see the doctor.
    Try not to focus on the worst, I know we all do...but really there are SO many other things it could be before that.

Thank you Becky, I will try some of your suggestions.

Oh, OK, thank you.

Thread Information