I’m currently in a new bout of health anxiety and while going through the health anxiety forums I saw someone mention rabies, I remember that I was bitten by my boyfriends dog just over 3 months ago hard enough that it drew blood. So I did the stupid thing and googled about it like an idiot.
I’m trying to do research to calm me down. I currently live in South Korea with my boyfriend. 3 months ago we visited his parents which is when the dog bit me (the dog is a very angry dog and basically doesn’t like anyone that isn’t direct family). The dog bit me hard enough that it broke my skin and caused me to bleed a little. I didn’t think anything of it at the time. Literally hasn’t crossed my mind since. However, I am now reading that it can take up to a year for symptoms to show themselves. I know that Korea hasn’t had a case of dog rabies since 2013 but I am still freaking out.
The dog wasn’t showing any symptoms of rabies, it’s just always angry. It’s been 3 months and the dog is still fine and showing no symptoms of any kind. But how I am annoyed I didn’t get a vaccine at the time. I’m trying to calm myself down but I just don’t know. Would the dog likely be dead by now if it had it at all?