Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nul Points?

Nul Points?

It's pointless hoping for anything better than nul points in the Eurovision Song Contest, isn't it?

I thought our song was dire but felt sorry for James Newman who did his best with a "turkey".

Anyone else watch the show last night?

Re: Nul Points?

I didn't think our song was the worst, but it was definitely the least memorable.

It was a strong field in general, I thought - I think Maneskin already had an established fanbase who would have really helped with the public vote.

I sadly watched it all!!!
    You can't expect anything more than political voting but what about the public voting? So little points for many of the countries with nil points for GB.
    Blue is right, it wasn't the worst but it didn't make any impact with the least backing and effects and outfit. I still felt sad for him especially when the camera kept showing how embarrassed he was feeling.
    I thought there were many worthy winners.
    My favourite was Norway. Although France was very powerful.

It must be a real kick in the teeth to get no points at all but I'm sure he'll rise above it and will no doubt acquire a cult following from the Eurovision faithful.

I liked Sweden's entry but that was never going to win.

I never watch Eurovision at all now, it is very much political it isn't a musical ability competition at all, it doesn't matter if it is a good song or even a popular song...you will only get any points if you are politically affiliated with the voting county.... and as we have left the European Union then we have no political allies, so therefore we got no points. We could have entered a song but the top UK artists and would have still not got any points...... It is about time we stopped putting money into it and not enter it.

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

I watched every moment, actually I really enjoy/ed it. The fact is that it was a terrible song, in our household we all honestly thought it was the worst of the lot, add to that the fact that we've P'eed off the rest of Europe for a few years and voila ! I will say though, the 'big 5' who fund the Eurovision and therefore get an entry ticket to the final, doesn't work as a concept. Our song would definitely have been outsed well before the final, and therefore its not surprising that we have the humiliation of nul points.

There's only one entry that would get my vote...

I can't actually remember what year it was that I last watched the Eurovision, but I think Englebert Humperdinkydonk was in it?

There's a bit of controversy now..with Maneskin's lead singer being spotted possibly hoovering up drugs on TV..Would he be that stupid? He's agreed to take a drugs test apparently.

No, I don't think he'd be that stupid. I do think he would pretend to snort up 'white powder' to create controversy though, and increase the news cycle focusing on them. They are all very young, the whole group between 18 and 21 apparently ?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information