Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nul Points?

Re: Nul Points?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    No, I don't think he'd be that stupid. I do think he would pretend to snort up 'white powder' to create controversy though, and increase the news cycle focusing on them. They are all very young, the whole group between 18 and 21 apparently ?!?!
    All this 'pop stars doing drugs' malarkey seems a bit passe now IMO, as it already seems to have been done to death over the past 30-odd years or so, especially as some kind of 'publicity stunt'.

Sort of reminds me of the East 17 drugs controversy back in the 90s, though they weren't involved in the ESC.

To my knowledge we never do very well. I haven't seen it for a while but if I recall correctly most of the songs were cheesy pop.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    To my knowledge we never do very well. I haven't seen it for a while but if I recall correctly most of the songs were cheesy pop.
    I think a lot of it reflects the state of the music industry in general in this country, as many of our major record companies and managements have become far too biased over the past 10-15 years or so, especially towards rappers and the like.

I don't think the public really help either, as they seem to derive pleasure from being cynical and slagging nearly everything off these days, even the better and more worthwhile material that's put out.

To me it went downhill after (a) all the former Soviet Bloc nations joined in and (b) they allowed the public to vote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information