Thread: Is this GAD?

Is this GAD?

I think I may have GAD, but like a lot of anxiety related problems, it's very difficult to self diagnose and difficult to describe your symptoms, especially to non-professionals.

My conditions main symptom is a constant feeling of unreality. It is only broken very rarely by relaxation techniques or positive self talk.

Does this sound like GAD to you? If not, is there any other name for what this maybe.

Appreciate any feedback, or tales of similar symptoms.

Thanks for reading.

Re: Is this GAD?

What you're describing is typically called "depersonalization or derealization". It's what happens after you've been anxious for so long that your body goes to that state of disorientation and numbness to try to cope. So if you want to know if you have GAD or not, you'd have to look at what spurred on the anxiety in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    What you're describing is typically called "depersonalization or derealization". It's what happens after you've been anxious for so long that your body goes to that state of disorientation and numbness to try to cope. So if you want to know if you have GAD or not, you'd have to look at what spurred on the anxiety in the first place.
    Thank you for taking the time reply. Much appreciated. Great to speak to someone who actually knows about this symptom. I wonder if it's GAD causing this, or just being anxious/over worrying, I just don't know.

I think half of the battle is getting an accurate diagnose of these anxiety related conditions.

What triggers your anxiety? Diagnosing anxiety is about what is causing it than what the symptoms are.

Thread Information