Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

Are you back yet, Catkins? I think you have done amazingly well just to beat the demons and go and I hope that you had a really enjoyable holiday overall.

I bet you'll be totally shattered once you're home again and I hope you'll have a few days to recuperate before going back to work? At least Monday will be an additional day off.

We got back last night. Had a few wobbles, but on the whole really enjoyed being away. So very glad I went and hopefully won't feel as wobbly the next time - although, being realistic I know that anxiety and my life walk hand in hand, but it's good to have the knowledge and confidence that even with anxiety I can still go abroad and have a lovely time.

I anticipated feeling knackered when I got back so fortunately took the rest of the week off and now with the additional bank holiday I'll not be back at work until Tuesday. So for the next few days I'll be shopping and tackling the mountain of ironing.

Thank you P ��

I knew you could do it catkins, as they say now, "You Smashed It"
    Lol, what a saying.
    We must be a dying breed catkins be when I tell people I'm ironing they say, "what's that?"
    The thing is Mr C wears shirts and the finger will point at me if he goes out with a crinkly shirt and I do like pressed pillow cases and PJs so they feel new again. Not only that I find it therapeutic in a way.

I'm so glad that you got back safely and that you enjoyed your holiday. I think that's a huge achievement and something to remember when you inevitably have an anxiety blip at some stage.

When do you start your degree course?

I hate ironing and do the bare minimum although I can see that it's therapeutic if you're feeling relaxed and not pushed for time.

I iron as little as I can to be honest. But I've got all my work stuff from before I went away and some of the summery stuff I took will need ironing. I tend to only do my husband's shirts - thankfully he's of the opinion that nothing else needs doing! I put the telly on and all my senses get occupied at the same time - which is a good thing for me.

Course starts next week, P. I bought my laptop home from work so that I can check prior to going back to work if I need to do anything in preparation. Prior to going away there was very little indication of what is expected of me the first few weeks. I'm feeling OK about it this week, but I know as next Wednesday approaches I will be getting a bit wobblier. I think I'll feel better once I actually have something to work with rather than everything being very vague.

It's always better when the course actually gets going and you find out so much more about the details and expectations..Wretched uncertainty of course...but you know that you have been accepted on this course and have every right to be there along with everyone else. What additional qualification will you get at the end of it? Cumbrian Queen of Advanced Podiatry and Associated Skillz?

����

Well done Catkins!! That's a huge achievement, you should be very proud. And to be taking on a course too, I think that's brilliant. You will get anxiety whispering in your ear of course, all the usual negative stuff. But as they say now, 'You've got this!!'

Thank you!

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162

Thread Information