Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

Still not dressed yet. But I've had some Weetabix.

Made the decision to ask a friend to cancel my private patients for the next week and a bit. I was going to do it myself. But when I was doing it myself last week I found it really difficult. I was very anxious and felt really low afterwards. I did feel a sense of achievement when I did it myself, but to be honest it was such hardwork.

I guess for the time being I've just got to admit I'm not OK, that at some point I really hope I improve, but right now there are some things that stretch me too far and I've got to hold my hands up and admit it.

Feel terribly sad about it though.

My sister just rang and asked I'd I wanted to meet for a coffee. I declined. I don't think I can face talking to her at the moment.

Both her and my stepdad didn't think I should come back home. So I kind of have that in the back of mind. I don't want any conflict right now.

Just not sure why I feel so low. Guess it's disappointment in my self. Sadness that I can't do the things I normally do without a second thought.

I know, I know it takes time, it's just so hard.

Having a brief chat with a therapist at 1.00pm. I know that's not going to make things instantly better, bit I hope it helps.

Had a chat with the therapist and she seems very nice. I have a proper appointment with her on the 16th which is good.

She thinks I might need to be off longer than the next 2 weeks, I didn't want to hear that to be honest. I guess there is no quick fix.

She said in the meantime I have to nurture myself. I have absolutely no idea how to do that!!

She also interestingly said that I might be using suicide as a safety thing, keeping it in my back pocket as a security net. I never thought about it that way before. I just felt so desperate that I wanted everything to go away and that was the only way I could see for it to happen.

Oh fuff me. Now I've had a message from my old therapist saying she could see me on Monday (virtually). I don't know what to do. Go with the new one or go see the old one who knows my history but is wanting to retire

I don't know what to do for the best. Any advice anyone?

Had a very long day and am a bit incoherent (had my second vaccine today and wandered around in the heat a lot), just wanted to send good wishes.

Thank you Blueiris.

Drink plenty and get some rest xx

Why did you stop seeing the "old" therapist? She may know your history but did you actually benefit from her approach?

Last saw her a couple of years ago and that was a one off after I hadn't seen her for about 18 months - I saw her for several years. She felt that we had done all we could do and I was feeling fine.

Actually that's a good point. If we'd done everything I may not have ended up feeling as I am now. So there were obviously things still lurking ready to bite me on the arse when I least expected it.

Now that's made me think.

Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information