Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

I think it's great that you can take something which works quickly and effectively and isn't a benzo or an anti psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think it's great that you can take something which works quickly and effectively and isn't a benzo or an anti psychotic.
    It doesn't get rid of it completely but it seems to take the edge off which kind of enables me to use breathing/distractions.

I really wish I'd know about it years ago.

Well today hasn't been too bad all in all. It was the second day of my phased return to work. It didn't go too badly, I was anxious but it didn't spiral out of control. I even assisted in nail surgery today - which I had been dreading. In the massive panic attack I had a couple of days ago that was one of the things I was panicking about.

I didn't take a tablet before I went, but I made sure they were in my bag so I could take one if I needed too. I'm sure I read that you shouldn't drive if you've had one. But I suppose that's If they make you drowsy and I've never actually fallen asleep during the day on them.

I have been taken that Inosotol in the mornings as well. I don't know if it's doing anything tbh. Although this morning I did have the squits slightly, I had to rush before I set off and twice again at work. But then again it could have been a nervous tummy. Who knows?

If it is the insotol I'm not sure if I should keep on taking it. I have enough trouble with food as it is at the moment and my tummy is all over the place anyways. I might post in the thread about it on the off chance anyone knows.

This afternoon I've done bugger all, ate a couple of hot cross buns for my lunch (purchased from Sainsbury's on the way home), got changed and sat about playing on my phone. Going to walk the dog and may or may not do the dishes at some point.

Nail surgery? As in ingrowing toenail surgery? I had both mine done about 10 years ago now with great results and no issues since. Takes a lot of skill and precision

I don't know anything about inosotol but the placebo effect is very helpful in anxiety disorders. You don't want it to affect the absorption of your prescribed meds though so best to ask others about this.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Nail surgery? As in ingrowing toenail surgery? I had both mine done about 10 years ago now with great results and no issues since. Takes a lot of skill and precision

I don't know anything about inosotol but the placebo effect is very helpful in anxiety disorders. You don't want it to affect the absorption of your prescribed meds though so best to ask others about this.
    Yes ingrowing toenails. I was just assisting though so just had to prep the needles and equipment, pass things as required and keep the patient calm (which is why I was worried because not the calmest person at the mo).

I will post about the inositol - it's not meant to interact with anything else and is supposed to have better results than a placebo .... but you never know and if it is aggravating my already sensitive insides ....

Just wanting opinions/thoughts.

I can't remember if I've mentioned it before but 1 day per week I had a little private business going cutting toenails. Since I became unwell there has been no way I could do it. Initially I phoned them myself and explained I was off sick and couldn't do it and gave them alternative numbers. Then a friend offered to do it because I found it was making me feel worse.

So I've only got a about 6 left in my diary over the next few weeks, one of which I actually did go to see and explained I was off sick but I knew she would be desperate so I didn't cancel her. One of them is a friends brother-in-law (she knows I've been unwell), one is a friend of my mum and I also see two of her neighbours and the last 2 are people I've been seeing a long time.

I've also had quite a few of the people my friend has rung and given alternative numbers to phone and leave me messages to see how I'm doing. Two of them even clubbed together and sent me flowers. And I've had some leave messages to see if I'm back working again.

It really has me in a right flap. I feel obligated to all of these people, some of them I have been seeing for years, and I know I'm throwing away a good income. But I just can't do it right now and really don't know if I actually want to do it again in the future. Yes the money comes in very handy - but I can probably survive without it if I pull my belt in and don't save. It does make me anxious thinking about it all. But I know I have really got to concentrate on getting well. I have been stretched too thin for too long and it hasn't done me any good at all.

Have I just answered my own questions there? I think I might have. Money isn't everything, my mental wellbeing is paramount, I am not obligated to see them, they have all been provided with alternatives so far and I think I'll have to do the same for the rest for the time being.

Exactly, yes, you've done the right thing. Nothing is as important as your health, and if the thought of doing something is really troubling you then you know the answer

Thanks BI. I was still ruminating when me and the husband went out for a sandwich, so much so that I couldn't eat the sandwich - the dog enjoyed it. Then when I was unlocking the door to come in another one of my private pts was leaving a message on the answerphone seeing if I could do her feet because one of the numbers I gave her didn't work and the other was too expensive. I actually felt quite cross - I'm not responsible for her and I do not control what other people charge - I was just very cheap obviously! And I think I've been far too accommodating!

Sounds like it, yes. On the other hand, if she's going to be pushy then it'll be a whole lot easier to drop her as a client without feeling guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sounds like it, yes. On the other hand, if she's going to be pushy then it'll be a whole lot easier to drop her as a client without feeling guilty.
    Very true!

Page 23 of 62 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread Information