Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

Catkins I only know you from this thread and I don't know what your job is.
    From here it looks as though you're not ready to go back - is it something you have to do now for pay, or could you have more time?
    As well as whatever you are coping with in your own head, you are supporting your husband.

I was in this place a few years ago and my GP was wonderful, I hope you have good support too. Please have as many virtual hugs as you want. (I'm double-vaccinated! )xx

I agree with Speranza...Don't put too much pressure on yourself because you've got such a lot to contend with and it can't be easy with your husband being fragile and needy at a time when you could do with his support.

I think you might be right about work. I'm going to see how I feel today and if no better going to ring the GP in the morning.

My husband was ill all night again, stomach pains, diarrhoea. I phoned the GP for him this morning and he's getting a callback this afternoon.

I'm really worried about him.

He may need a calprotectin stool test to test for inflammation but maybe antibiotics will be suggested? I'm really sorry that he isn't stabilising and you did the right thing by phoning for a GP assessment. Something obviously isn't right so stick to giving him bland food if he is even able to eat at all..

He seems to have a weird attitude to it at the moment. He thinks he needs a stool test, he's also talking about getting some antisposmadics for the pain. Apparently last time he was at A&E they mentioned them but never got them He's also talking about the possibility that stress has caused this.

I don't know, there's something wrong that needs sorting out. Just don't know what it is.

Other good news today is that the sale of my step-grans house has completed and my stepdad says he's feeling a little happier today because of it.

Fingers crossed they both stay optimistic so that I can relax a bit.

I've also realised something today. I have been sitting around too much. It's like I'm waiting to get better. Guaranteed I did go out for coffee with my stepdad on Tuesday afternoon and went to work yesterday afternoon, but the rest of the time I've been sitting around doing nothing except feel anxious. I've done the odd guided meditation, read lots about anxiety and lots about diverticulitis. But physically except for a quick walk with the dog, a shower and get dressed I've done nothing except worry and smoke.

At the weekend we went out for lunch, went to the pictures, had a walk and I felt so much better. On Monday I got caught up with the ironing and put it all away. I planted some plants and all sorts - including a visit to a friends for a coffee (I drank juice)

I haven't helped myself the last few days and I can't blame that all on my husband. I could still have done things even with him poorly. But I didn't. I was just an anxious mess worrying that I couldn't cope with anything, sleeping worse. The whole kit and kaboodle.

I'm very cross with myself. Too much thinking and not enough movement.

Ok so I've hung the washing on the line ..... it's a start!

Ok so in my head I didn't cancel a private client today thinking that I would cancel it at the last minute if I didn't feel like doing it.

Well in my efforts to get off the sofa today I decided to just go and do it. I managed it, the anxiety was there sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear, but I just tried to relax and go with it. I didn't panic and run out the room, I didn't cause her any damage.

I did explain to her that I've been off sick because everything got on top of me and she was my first person that I've seen.

She told me that it's understandable with everything that has happened this year (I see her every 4 weeks so she knew about my mum etc). She said that she'd struggled this week after being put into compression bandaging to both legs on Monday. She said it hit her hard and she felt very low and struggled with it.

I know it doesn't mean I am better and everything is back to normal but I'm feeling proud of myself.

And the news from hubby's side of things. He spoke to the doctor today and she has prescribed anti-spasmodics and she wants two poo samples to check for any jnfection/blood etc. She offered him amitriptyline to help him sleep, but he declined for now because if the anti-spasmodics work he should sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    Ok so in my head I didn't cancel a private client today thinking that I would cancel it at the last minute if I didn't feel like doing it.

Well in my efforts to get off the sofa today I decided to just go and do it. I managed it, the anxiety was there sitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear, but I just tried to relax and go with it. I didn't panic and run out the room, I didn't cause her any damage.

I did explain to her that I've been off sick because everything got on top of me and she was my first person that I've seen.

She told me that it's understandable with everything that has happened this year (I see her every 4 weeks so she knew about my mum etc). She said that she'd struggled this week after being put into compression bandaging to both legs on Monday. She said it hit her hard and she felt very low and struggled with it.

I know it doesn't mean I am better and everything is back to normal but I'm feeling proud of myself.

That was significant progress and you are right to be proud of yourself. Maybe concentrating on your private clients and limiting visits to what you can manage without jeopardising your recovery would give you some confidence back and you would have quality contact with your clients and would have more control as to your workload?

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread Information