Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    It was me who got ill. Totally my own fault, it was a blazing hot day, I drank alcohol, got dehydrated and got a migraine. It was a few years ago now.

We've hired a campervan for our holiday, so we'll be on our own. Except for one night when we're meeting our son. He's stopping in a room on the site we're booked on that night.
    So it was well before Covid that you became ill at said festival then.

Surely as you're holidaying in a campervan, the risks of catching Covid and other illnesses are minute.

The only real hazards I guess are the site's communal facilities (e.g, toilet block), but if your campervan has on-board toilet and shower facilities, then that's a bonus.

I might have made a stupid mistake last night. I just went to take my morning medication (I keep my tablets in a tin) and a sheet of propanolol was outside the tin. That's odd I thought so I checked in my pill cutter as I take 1/2 Propanolol before bed and there wasn't 1/2 tablet in there so I must have taken half a tablet last night, so why was the packet out? I have an awful feeling I might have taken a propanolol instead of a promethazine before bed. I was very tired so might have stuffed up. This means I might have taken 60mg of propanolol before bed and no promethazine.

I'm assuming because I was originally prescribed 40mg x 3 per day that 60mg isn't going to do me any drastic harm if I did take it. But a sudden dose increase from 20mg to 60mg might have caused me some sleep disturbance. Also when I woke up I was drenched in sweat and when I woke up the first time I'd had a very vivid erotic dream (&#128563.

Half of me wants would be relieved if I'd stuffed up because it would be a relief to think it was medication and not me that caused the bad night. But the other half of me thinks that I can't possibly be that stupid.
    I'm sure it won't hurt if you accidentally overdose on only one of your meds just once in a blue moon.

But I personally would still remain vigilant nevertheless, at least for the next 24-hour period.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    So it was well before Covid that you became ill at said festival then.

Surely as you're holidaying in a campervan, the risks of catching Covid and other illnesses are minute.

The only real hazards I guess are the site's communal facilities (e.g, toilet block), but if your campervan has on-board toilet and shower facilities, then that's a bonus.
    Yes, well pre-covid - about 5 or 6 years ago.

Yes the campervan has it's own facilities which is good. Plus if we don't like where we are we can move on.

Re the tablets, I'm going to make sure I get my tablets sorted before I get too sleepy. At least I'll know what I've taken.

I'm not dressed yet. But going to go now. Take the dog out, tidy up a bit, then meet a friend for yoga, then have some lunch.

I'm going to carry on as I would normally and hope I don't nod off!
    Good plan and I hope you enjoyed seeing your friend. Try not to think back to last night? It's been and gone and you're still in one piece! Even after yoga! I once took one of my daughter's pregabalin tablets by mistake instead of a vitamin D..Realised as soon as I had swallowed it! Never done it again! Wanted to suck it out but had to cope with feeling zonked out all day. Fortunately didn't have to drive that day! That'll teach me not to concentrate!

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    I'm sure it won't hurt if you accidentally overdose on only one of your meds just once in a blue moon.

But I personally would still remain vigilant nevertheless, at least for the next 24-hour period.
    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Good plan and I hope you enjoyed seeing your friend. Try not to think back to last night? It's been and gone and you're still in one piece! Even after yoga! I once took one of my daughter's pregabalin tablets by mistake instead of a vitamin D..Realised as soon as I had swallowed it! Never done it again! Wanted to suck it out but had to cope with feeling zonked out all day. Fortunately didn't have to drive that day! That'll teach me not to concentrate!
    We had to have a slight change of plan because the friend I was going to do yoga with ended up having to have a PCR test. So I did it on my own then had lunch with the two other friends that we were both going to have lunch. I got to meet one of thems 8 month old grandson - which was so nice!

During a tired senior moment I went into order one of my friends meals and my own, but by the time I got back out I forgot what I'd ordered her, I knew it involved ham, but after that I was blank. Fortunately she liked it. I was relieved when my other friend confessed that she had forgotten the word for omelette when she went in and had to describe it to the woman in the till. I guess that's what happens when you get a group of menopausal women together.

How did I get 2 quotes on one post? Computer magic?

How did I get 2 quotes on one post? Computer magic?
    Copy/Paste into a document and edit as needed.... That's what I do anyway...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

I must have randomly clicked something.

Catkins, I wouldn't dwell on the no sleep / poor sleep thing. I know it's easy for me to say as I've been guilty of thinking it would affect my own day. Now I just know I'll catch up when my body needs it and realise that I can still perform my days tasks with or without the brilliant nights sleep the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Catkins, I wouldn't dwell on the no sleep / poor sleep thing. I know it's easy for me to say as I've been guilty of thinking it would affect my own day. Now I just know I'll catch up when my body needs it and realise that I can still perform my days tasks with or without the brilliant nights sleep the night before.
    I pretty much carried on as usual yesterday and stuck to my normal night time routine and I slept for 7 hours!

I think it's still early days and I'm not confident enough in myself so I automatically assume the worst when my sleep isn't right.

I guess it all just takes time.

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread Information