Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

Yes lavender has usually gone over by now, mine is currently seeding out the back here.

Ours is still going. Maybe because we're further north?

Still going in parts of the East too.
    My plants are on their second innings. So pleased I didn't pull them up when they turned into twig like roots.
    Pretty hot day today and that Easterly breeze is very welcome.
    Where are you off to today catkins, hopefully near the sea, it will be much cooler. And a rare low humidity day too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Still going in parts of the East too.
    My plants are on their second innings. So pleased I didn't pull them up when they turned into twig like roots.
    Pretty hot day today and that Easterly breeze is very welcome.
    Where are you off to today catkins, hopefully near the sea, it will be much cooler. And a rare low humidity day too.
    You beat me to it Carnation, as I was just about to ask Catkins how she's doing today and where was she going, etc!

I am really enjoying hearing about Catkins' experiences so far, especially having previously visited North Norfolk several times before, I can relate to it in a big way.

Today we drove to Kings Lynn to pick our son up from the station. Then we went to somewhere beginning with M, possibly Mauston? Not entirely sure. But my husband was hoping that we could go on a boat trip to see the seals. Unfortunately the tides and the amount of tourists had other ideas. So we booked to go first thing in the morning.

So instead we had a lovely walk along the salt marches, thankfully the sea breeze came in far enough to cool us down because it was boiling hot.

Then we went and had a late lunch/early dinner along the road from where we're staying tonight (Burnham Deepdale). It looked like a little old pub from the front but out the back there was quite a fancy seating area overlooking the marsh. I felt a bit underdressed in my shorts and t-shirt (which my son pointed out had a coffee stain on).

Now sitting outside the campervan with a decaf and a bar of chocolate.

Lencoboy, I rarely beat anyone to anything, lol.
    Did you go to the Broads? Quite stunning this time of year.

Catkins, you are certainly getting out and about.
    I'm not aware of the place beginning with M, but maybe it will come to me in the middle of the night when I'm trying to get to sleep.
    Hey, what's a coffee stain when you are busy sightseeing.

Catkins, I am really happy for you that you're generally having a nice week in N. Norfolk.

I recall us going on the boat trip to see the seals on my first ever holiday in N. Norfolk back in the summer of 2002, and nearby in a village called Salthouse (I think), there's a great seafood cafe which we have visited a few times (can't remember the name of it) but be warned that said cafe has no customer toilet facilities (or still didn't have back in 2016 when we last are there, though might be different now).

We went on a boat ride to see the seals today. I was quite anxious about getting on a little boat with no toilet facilities, but I did it and absolutely loved seeing the seals!

We then spent the midday early
    afternoon at Brancaster beach, which was lovely. I even managed to have a quick dip in the sea before the tide went out.

It was a little hot for me to be honest and I was very grateful of the sea breeze.

After that we drove back towards where we have to drop the van in the morning and are now parked in a lay by which my husband isn't too happy about. He wanted to park on an industrial estate.

I have a feeling he won't be able to settle and we'll be on the industrial estate by morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    We went on a boat ride to see the seals today. I was quite anxious about getting on a little boat with no toilet facilities, but I did it and absolutely loved seeing the seals!

We then spent the midday early
    afternoon at Brancaster beach, which was lovely. I even managed to have a quick dip in the sea before the tide went out.

It was a little hot for me to be honest and I was very grateful of the sea breeze.

After that we drove back towards where we have to drop the van in the morning and are now parked in a lay by which my husband isn't too happy about. He wanted to park on an industrial estate.

I have a feeling he won't be able to settle and we'll be on the industrial estate by morning.
    I remember there was a public toilet block on the car park of the place where we board the boat for the seals thing, as I actually remember using it just prior to said boat trip.

I presume you're on your way home now, Catkins?

If so, well done for sticking it all out!

Back home now with a nose that looks like a burnt sausage (a little too much sun).

Lenco - there was a toilet block in the car park, it looked like a recent addition had been put in front of it, new portacabin toilets. I think it was a place called Moston (although I still might have the wrong name).

Carnation - the coastline near you is lovely! Completely different from any other coastline I've been to. I would definitely go back again.

Considering going through the answerphone messages although I might leave it until tomorrow!

Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Thread Information