Thread: Low Right Sided Stomach Pains.

Low Right Sided Stomach Pains.

For about 2 years I’ve been getting this sharp stabbing pain in my lower right abdomen, sometimes it can feel like it’s burning too. I also have a bulge that will rise and fall in that area too. I’ve seen the doctor multiple times that have requested blood tests, but due to the time I’ve had the pain and the blood test being clear they ruled out appendicitis on many occasions.

I’ve noticed a pattern with the pain that it comes once a month and last for around a week at a time, I have a ultrasound 3 weeks ago on just the lower right side of my stomach and he said there isn’t any hernia but a ultrasound can’t look into the bowel it’s self, so he will send the report the my doctor and they may just leave it as that.

I’m just curious to know if anyone else has ever had this pain that’s lasted so long?, it’s making me really worried that something is wrong with my ovaries or maybe my bowel?, and I also worry every time I get this pain that’s it’s my appendix. Even though every time it’s proven not to be.

thanks!

Re: Low Right Sided Stomach Pains.

Hey, I've never had a "bulge" like you describe, but every once in a while I will get sharp stabbing pains in the area where the appendix is located. No, I have never had full-blown appendicitis, but in my case, I think that there is definitely something irritating it on occasion.

I was watching YouTube videos the other day and came across one of a man who had similar pain in the appendix region for many many years and found out that his appendix was mildly inflamed (not full-blown appendicitis but still irritated). Because of this, he chose to get his appendix preemptively removed just in case.

In my case, the pain is very infrequent and usually only lasts a couple of seconds or minutes at a time, so it seems to be different then yours. Your pain sounds like it affects your quality of life quite a bit more than mine does. For this reason, if you can afford to, I would consider pushing for more sensitive (and invasive/expensive) testing. Ultrasounds are not the best at detecting issues and they can miss quite a bit.

Re: Low Right Sided Stomach Pains.

Unfortunately my doctor won’t send me for anymore test is regards to my stomach, they have said they don’t think I need to see a gastroenterologist. Even though I’ve had the same stomach pain and bulge for 2 years, and since they ruled out hernia they won’t talk much more on it.

I’m only 24 so chances of anything major is slim but I believe they should still check!
    I think it’ll continue to worry me, as I always fear the worst case scenario!

Thread Information