Thread: Darker skin under boobs

Darker skin under boobs

Hi everyone,
    As a lady with bigger boobs every now and then Id get a rash under my boobs but that would
    Soon clear up. But last night to m horror ive noticed theres a patch of skin that has changed colour under my boob, it has gone darker.
    After googling it says all sorts from diabetes to tumours. I am a nervous wreck now. Will call the drs at some point (if i can brave myself to do it)
    Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Re: Darker skin under boobs

Quote Originally Posted by Leyala View Post
    Hi everyone,
    As a lady with bigger boobs every now and then Id get a rash under my boobs but that would
    Soon clear up. But last night to m horror ive noticed theres a patch of skin that has changed colour under my boob, it has gone darker.
    After googling it says all sorts from diabetes to tumours. I am a nervous wreck now. Will call the drs at some point (if i can brave myself to do it)
    Has anyone experienced anything like this?
    well I can tell you I get hyperpigmentation areas in creases of my body. So armpits, groin, under boobs. Sometimes it’s caused by friction. I went to a dermatologist about it, she told me that yes, it could be a sign of being prediabetic and is totally reversible if it is (so no worries there). Not sure what your weight is but she told me mine was due to my weight (wasn’t diabetic) and that it could be changed with loosing weight at least 20% and I would notice a changed.

also, are you darker skinned? I am, and I notice it on my mother too. It could literally be as simple as a skin tone thing. Which she also mentioned.

but nowhere did anyone mention a tumor or anything of that sort.

Re: Darker skin under boobs

Skin can discolour if it's being irritated in some way, if you are getting constant heat rashes, etc, then the melanocytes (I think they are) can become active, but this is a benign issue and temporary. I am not an expert but I had constant itching on an area on my back and then it turned into a brown patch, light brown, but still worrying, but was told I'd just activated the production of melanin there. It went away when I stopped scratching, lol. But I'm sure it could happen with other friction or irritation.

Thread Information