Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2nd AZ vaccine this afternoon, scared

Re: 2nd AZ vaccine this afternoon, scared

The cases where I live are extremely low, 26 in 100000. Maybe my risk of a clot is higher

Do you want the vaccine or not? That's the only question.

I'm sorry, but I've had a stressful couple of days and as much as I want to help, I'm not mentally capable of being told why I'm wrong every time I do so.

You almost certainly won't get a blood clot and die. You quite conceivably might get covid and die.

What you choose to do with this information is up to you.

So risk in your area is 1 in 3847 chance of getting covid.

Blood clot risk after getting vaccine is 1.1 in 1,000,000.

Blood clot risk without vaccination is 1 in 1,000,000

If you get covid your blood clot risk is 10x normal rate.

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    The cases where I live are extremely low, 26 in 100000. Maybe my risk of a clot is higher
    I found this in an article:

"Over 20 million doses of the AZ vaccine have been given in the UK so far. According to the MHRA, the risk of a serious blood clot as a result of the jab is approximately one in 250,000 people vaccinated, or four in a million. It’s also worth noting that Covid-19 itself carries a significant risk of blood clots; according to a study in the journal Thorax, the prevalence of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis in people with the virus was 7.8% and 11.2%, respectively.
    What’s more, around 10,000 people usually develop blood clots in the EU in any given month, while an estimated 3,000 blood clot cases occur monthly in the UK. The general population’s risk of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) – one of the blood clot types observed in Vaxzevria recipients – is around five in a million; slightly higher than the risk associated with the vaccine.

Sadly, I think I know how you feel now. If you are anything like me then at this point you worked yourself up so badly that almost no logical arguments can reach you. If you want the protection of the vaccination, but are scared I suggest going about your day as normal, and simply going through the motions rather than making anything a decision.

Let me know if there is anything you'd like to hear from us that could help you out right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Do you want the vaccine or not? That's the only question.

I'm sorry, but I've had a stressful couple of days and as much as I want to help, I'm not mentally capable of being told why I'm wrong every time I do so.

You almost certainly won't get a blood clot and die. You quite conceivably might get covid and die.

What you choose to do with this information is up to you.
    Yes I want the vaccine but I'm scared. I'm sorry you have had a tough few days. I'm honestly not being awkward and totally appreciate your help.

I think my anxiety is worse as I am currently trying to leave an abusive relationship and I can't find a way out. Also my adult son is having more frequent episodes of psychosis and I am struggling to cope, I have nothing left to give.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I'm not sure whether anyone has died from clots supposedly following the 2nd dose
    Not a single person in my country.

Rainbow, did you have any symptoms after the 1st dose?

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
    Yes I want the vaccine but I'm scared. I'm sorry you have had a tough few days. I'm honestly not being awkward and totally appreciate your help.

I think my anxiety is worse as I am currently trying to leave an abusive relationship and I can't find a way out. Also my adult son is having more frequent episodes of psychosis and I am struggling to cope, I have nothing left to give.
    I'm really sorry, I've been in an abusive relationship and getting out was murder - no wonder you're fragile! If your situation is anything at all like mine was, you're probably not getting enough sleep and that won't be helping.

Be kind to yourself, and if you really can't handle getting the vaccine right now maybe consider rescheduling your appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    I found this in an article:

"Over 20 million doses of the AZ vaccine have been given in the UK so far. According to the MHRA, the risk of a serious blood clot as a result of the jab is approximately one in 250,000 people vaccinated, or four in a million. It’s also worth noting that Covid-19 itself carries a significant risk of blood clots; according to a study in the journal Thorax, the prevalence of pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis in people with the virus was 7.8% and 11.2%, respectively.
    What’s more, around 10,000 people usually develop blood clots in the EU in any given month, while an estimated 3,000 blood clot cases occur monthly in the UK. The general population’s risk of cerebral venous sinus thrombosis (CVST) – one of the blood clot types observed in Vaxzevria recipients – is around five in a million; slightly higher than the risk associated with the vaccine.

Sadly, I think I know how you feel now. If you are anything like me then at this point you worked yourself up so badly that almost no logical arguments can reach you. If you want the protection of the vaccination, but are scared I suggest going about your day as normal, and simply going through the motions rather than making anything a decision.

Let me know if there is anything you'd like to hear from us that could help you out right now.
    Thank you, I think I will go to my app but I don't know if I will actually be able to go through with it. I know 5 in a million is so small but my brain just has to tell me that I will be one of those 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Iwant2bhealthy View Post
    Rainbow, did you have any symptoms after the 1st dose?
    All I had was a tender arm, tiredness and found it difficult to get warm the day after the vaccine.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information