Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Floating diarrhea

Re: Floating diarrhea

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Re: Bladder Frequency and Loose Stools

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll19 View Post
    I have started a new thread as the other one has gone off topic.
    Come on CD, a few of us were just trying to lighten your load with some humour. Bums and vagina's - hardly off topic for somebody who is on about her bowels and bladder is it?

More likely is that you're trying to seek reassurance from different people, and if so, you'd certainly not be the first to do that on here, but all such threads will be merged because there's no point in clogging up the forum with numerous threads of the same questions by the same user.

I think that you're only interested in seeking reassurance with no apparent intention to help yourself - which is why you're here again saying the same things all over again. Nothing anybody has said (that's of practical use) has made any difference whatsoever, has it?

I had severe HA and I got myself better by being proactive. There's really no other way - not long-term anyway. And when I had my breakdown, I wanted to hear from people who'd had severe HA and got better. I wasn't interested in the 'there there' approach. I wanted to know what I had to do to get myself better, you know? 'Yeah, me too' only gives short-term comfort because the HA mind is too convincing and soon comes back with the 'Yes, buts' or a new symptom that we've never had before. We do not understand that it's 'us' creating these symptoms, and not some disease.

Scary (and irrational) thoughts = stress response = stress hormones (especially adrenalin, cortisol, norepinephrine) = symptoms (normal stress response, but which we do not understand) = fear & imaginary diseases which are always terminal.

For what it's worth...

I've had bladder frequency all week. Why? Because my anxiety is high. Because my system is in fight or flight and thinks it needs to purge. The thought of bladder cancer never entered my head. It would have done a few years ago, until I pulled out all the stops to get myself better, and this is the result: I have a symptom but no fear because I understand anxiety and the stress response. More importantly, what I need to do to bring things back under control.

As long as your anxiety is high, you will keep feeling the urge to pee. This is your body acting NORMALLY to your IRRATIONAL thoughts. IT'S BASIC FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONSE.

Severe anxiety is very unpleasant, and I can empathise till the cows come home, but that won't help you out of the hole you're in. There will be folk on here who will be able to offer you the short-term comfort you're after, but I'm not one of them. I want you to be able to control your HA, or better, kick it to the gutter. Only one way to do that, and that's to be proactive.

Respectfully, you need to get your head out of the toilet and into therapy, CD. I have sympathy for you RE your husbands, and it's totally understandable why you've developed HA but this is your story, not theirs - and unlike them, you don't have cancer. There's nothing to suggest that you do. What's clear to me is that you're getting older (and so is your digestive system) we can't eat stuff we used to eat without issues anymore - but those issues are easily remedied by a dietary overall.

Most importantly, you have a mental health disorder which you can recover from if you put the work in..

Anyway, the pattern seems to be that you will thank me for my reply. Or not bother. Then it will be back to the symptoms...

I've had some good news today. The doctor rang and said my results had come through at last. She said they tested for issues with the pancreas, which I didn't know, and that was normal, the calprotectin level was back to within the normal range and she was happy with all that. No further tests. I had already calmed down the last week and things were better even started to put a little bit of weight back on, only a bit but its a start. Thank you all for talking to me through this.

Re: Floating diarrhea

Very good and reassuring news. I hope you can move on from this now.

I've had some good news today. The doctor rang and said my results had come through at last. She said they tested for issues with the pancreas, which I didn't know, and that was normal, the calprotectin level was back to within the normal range and she was happy with all that. No further tests. I had already calmed down the last week and things were better even started to put a little bit of weight back on, only a bit but its a start. Thank you all for talking to me through this.
    Excellent news!

When the next anxiety symptom comes, try and remember how convincing HA is, and how you TOTALLY bought into the lies your mind was telling you.

I really hope this will kick-start you into being proactive about your health anxiety CD? Now is not the time to rest on the old laurels, as it were. Work to do! X

I have been doing well until last Friday when I had the most terrible stomach pains and diarrhea. Since then I have been having severe diarrhea through the day and night and feeling ill. It's not getting any better in fact if anything its worse and it is now 6 days of it. I spoke to the doctor a few days ago he thought it was a stomach bug, I did think that but its going on so long and it's one of the worst I've had mostly they last 2 or 3 days at the most. The doctor said it could last 2 weeks, but I don't know how to stand another week of this with the pain and diarrhea, a couple of times I've not made it to toilet in time. Whenever I eat anything, its pain and diarrhea and I'm eating very little, mainly toast. I'm drinking water and have those electrolyte sachets. The diarrhea is now yellow and has a lot of flecks in it which is worrying me. I'm hardly getting any sleep with it, I didn't go to bed at all the night before last, just dosed on the settee as I was in so much pain with it and had to keep going to the toilet. Also I have to do a covid test as it can be a symptom or the only symptom of covid. I keep thinking it could be that as I've never had a bug like this.

I went out socially for the first time in 18 months twice in the last 2 weeks, no one wore masks I would myself but you can't eat with a mask on of course. I'm convinced if it is a bug of some sort then that's where I caught it, I wish I hadn't gone out now.

Has anyone had a stomach bug anything like this and that has lasted a couple of weeks also with lots of flecks in it?

Has anyone had a stomach bug anything like this and that has lasted a couple of weeks also with lots of flecks in it?
    Norovirus is doing the rounds and I'd imagine that people who have IBS are going to suffer longer than most...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information