Just got over one fear and now there something else to panic about, and I am really terrified at the moment and can't sleep.

I had floating stools late last year and saw the doctor. She examined me and said everything felt normal. I had blood tests which were normal, a stool test for blood which was clear and a stool test for calprotectin which was borderline. I have posted about this a while ago. I was asked to do another calprotectin test and waited ages for the result. The surgery kept saying it wasn't back. Eventually they said it had got contaminated (not my fault) and they couldn't do the test and I had to do another sample. I was about to do this when I became ill with a fever (I have also posted about this) I don't know if it was a virus or side effect of my 2nd covid jab. I didn't do the test as it seems it would affect the result. I have now recovered from whatever it was, but can't do the test as my son is away for 2 weeks and I need him to take it in as I'm not confident going on public transport yet owing to my age and covid.

I was just feeling much better and calmer but the floating stools came back a few days ago, I haven't had them for 5 months. Floating for 3 days, normal for one day, floating another two days then normal today. What has sent me into a real panic tonight, I suddenly got gripey pains and diarrhea. Not water but mush. I wouldn't have been too worried I haven't had diarrhea for ages, but this time all this mush (sorry gross) was floating on top of the water. When I've been like this in the past it has always been on the bottom of the toilet bowel. I've never ever had floating diarrhea.

I don't feel I can contact the doctor until I have done the stool test.

Has anyone had floating diarrhea? Does anyone think it is possible to have this and it not be anything too serious? I am feeling desperate again and have no one to talk to.