Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Floating diarrhea

Re: Floating diarrhea

My husbands had different cancers. The first one had prostate cancer (well I can't get that one), the second thought he had PC but in the end it turned out to be cancer of the bile duct. Not that common, they thought it was caused by his job as an industrial chemist, several colleages died of the same thing. In the days he was working there wasn't much health and safety and he said they worked in a chemical soup. The third one had bladder cancer, they were treating it and he was doing well, then they discovered prostate cancer and weren't sure which came first. He ended up with lung cancer and that killed him. (never smoked in his life).

I've had a few good days stools normal but a little knobbly, I thought that might be the after effect of the diarrhea, and didn't worry, but today I had the same and 30 minutes later diarrhea. Now I'm thinking the knobbly stools were constipation and then followed by diarrhea is alternating that means the worst. I was diagnosed with IBS 30 odd years ago, but that was mainly terrible stomach cramps which have been better in later years.

My son is back and I am going to do the stool test, but am feeling no hope again.

Anyone had alternating constipation and diarrhea and its only been IBS or something.

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll19 View Post
    I've had a few good days stools normal but a little knobbly
    Have you stopped eating dairy yet?

My son is back and I am going to do the stool test, but am feeling no hope again.
    That's purely down to your own thinking CD. There's no proof re cancer. There is no urgency with you doing the second test.

Anyone had alternating constipation and diarrhea and its only been IBS or something.
    Yes, me!

Hi CD. I just wanted to say I've also had alternating constipation and diarrhea many many times. I tend to have constipation for 3-4 days (where there's just small hard pellets) followed by a day where I get to go several times and it's really loose.

I think that's really common with IBS and nothing you have to worry too much about.

Thank you for your replies, it does help. Now I have another problem I am findimg very difficult to cope with. My BMs have been fairly normal the last three days but i have constant wind. The thing that is frightening me is all day for the last few days I have a feeling of horrible pressure in my bottom, I keep passing wind but it doesn't relieve it, it is not a pain but bad pressure and its driving me mad in itself and the thought of what it is. I have had this feeling in the past but not as bad as this or as constant. Also when I eat anything at all my bowels get very disturbed, then it settles to wind and this pressure. Also when I go to the toilet my anus feels sore. I feel it is something sinister going on. Also I am worried my calprotectin levels will be up if I am sore and getting these symptoms. Still got to do the test when I have the courage. I wasn't so worried when I did the sample before which they couldn't use.

I know I shouldn't google but alll these things are bad news as usual according to the internet.

I am such a mess of a person. Anyone had the constant pressure?

Oh yes..All part of IBS for me. Confirmed by a gastroenterologist.

I am such a mess of a person. Anyone had the constant pressure?
    Yes, me.

Re wind - go through your diet with a fine toothcomb and look at literally everything you ingest including vitamin supplements and see if there are any gas causing foods. This could also be an anxiety symptom of taking in too much air..

I get pressure in my bum from my Farmer Giles - which get aggravated when I have constipation and also when my BMs are loose. Also, and weirdly, when I do pelvic floor exercises!

Yes it's all connected to pelvic floor muscle tension.

Thank you all for your replies, it helps to know others have had the same symptoms. Today I had the pressure earlier on but after going to toilet it is feeling better in that way so far. However when I went to the toilet my anus felt extremely sore again as it came out. Stool was fairly normal looking, did float but not greasy or anything. Colour OK. Now my thoughts are does this sore anus mean I have inflammation all through my bowels, which scares me, or is it just local. I have had the sore bottom for about four days, didn't have it before. A few months ago when I saw the doctor about the floating stools etc. she examined me and said everything felt normal, she also did a DRE which she said was fine, so I couldn't have had anything local then, but I suppose anything could have happened since. Still got to do the stool sample, no good near the weekend, if I've got inflammation somewhere my calprotectin levels will be high and I am afraid of that. I spoke to a nurse today who could hardly be bothered to listen to me, she was quite dismissive and said she couldn't tell me much, I would have to wait until I get the results of the stool sample and then speak to the doctor. That could be weeks if last time is anything to go by. When I spoke to a different nurse last week she was kind and seemed to understand my anxiety.

Again may I ask if anyone has had a sore bottom?

Again may I ask if anyone has had a sore bottom?
    I was a bad boy and got spanked a few times Seriously though... Since my cancer treatment 8 years ago, my bowels and stool have been all over the place. I take a stool softener and a dose of Miralax daily and I vary between constipation and the runs within days. It is what it is I eat healthy but it really doesn't make that much of a difference. So yeah, I would be pretty safe to assume, especially in light of real physical and anxiety related symptoms, hemmies and fissures, that most here have had a sore bottom from time to time.

I know that's won't reassure you but it's fact

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Now my thoughts are does this sore anus mean I have inflammation all through my bowels, which scares me, or is it just local.
    Why would you think that? If I have a sore finger, I don't presume I have a problem with the entire arm?

Given your age CD, there's something else to consider and that's vaginal/vulva atrophy - which can also affect the anus and surrounding area. Put it this way; the episiotomy I had in the 80s has come back to haunt me BIG TIME!! It's hormonal - lack of oestrogen issue. Do you have it? Because we're usually only informed that we have it (not all women do) but that's it aside being offered drugs to help with symptoms...

Or, there could be a little cut (fissure) which is common. I had this issue a few months ago after a tricky poo - it took a few weeks to heal but my anus was v sore!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information