Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Floating diarrhea

Re: Floating diarrhea

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I was a bad boy and got spanked a few times

FMP
    School or the wife?

I am now worried about pain. The pressure in my bottom has gone though it is still very sore, inside and out. I've had a slight pain all the way down the left side of my abdomen for about a week, I didn't think much of it because it felt like a pulled muscle as it hurt when I bent or moved. Today though it is there all the time. It also felt bad when I went to the toilet. Stools fairly normal. I also have small slight pains dotted about my abdomen. What causes panic is the thought of inflammation in the bowels, I keep thinking if my bottom is sore all the way up which it is it must be inflammed everywhere.

Pains in this area are not exactly new for me. When I was diagnosed with IBS 30 odd years ago, the main symptom was horrible pains as my bowel went into spasm. I used to take buscopan if the pains were really, really bad, but I can't have that now I have glaucoma.My doctor says I mustn't take it or any anti-spasmodics as they all contain something that makes glaucoma much worse. I don't usually get the pains in recent years anyway till now.

I've never thought I had any inflammation as I was told I didn't. Since the calprotectin results were borderline that has obsessed me. I told myself I didn't have the symptoms but now I think I have. I intend to do the sample tomorrow but feel sure with how I feel the levels will be up.

Its all I can think about I am struggling to concentrate on anything else. Any thoughts anyone?

Hi NoraB, I've just been thinking, when the second husband died I had vaginal bleeding which was after the menopause, and had several tests. They said it was hormonal and they saw quite a few women with the same problem caused by hormonal upset after a bereavement. They did mention vaginal atrophy.

I’ve definitely had floating diarrhea before. Actually have had it sporadically in my lifetime but never thought anything of it until I developed HA a year ago. I just always thought that’s what diarrhea is supposed to look like, honestly. I am actually having a bout of that today. I’m pretty sure it’s diet related, as it doesn’t happen everyday. I just can never figure out the culprit because my diet is different everyday and I really haven’t put much effort in eliminating things as much as I’d like to. I haven’t been diagnosed with anything because I haven’t brought it up to my doctors yet. Let me know what yours thinks about it. In the meantime, I usually just let it pass on it’s own, eat the BRAT DIET, and lots of heat on the belly.

Quote Originally Posted by chinadoll19 View Post
    Hi NoraB, I've just been thinking, when the second husband died I had vaginal bleeding which was after the menopause, and had several tests. They said it was hormonal and they saw quite a few women with the same problem caused by hormonal upset after a bereavement. They did mention vaginal atrophy.
    Yeah, I had a post-meno bleed and I had tests etc but it wasn't anything to worry about. Incidentally, it was after my mum died..

I am now worried about pain. The pressure in my bottom has gone though it is still very sore, inside and out. I've had a slight pain all the way down the left side of my abdomen for about a week, I didn't think much of it because it felt like a pulled muscle as it hurt when I bent or moved. Today though it is there all the time. It also felt bad when I went to the toilet. Stools fairly normal. I also have small slight pains dotted about my abdomen. What causes panic is the thought of inflammation in the bowels, I keep thinking if my bottom is sore all the way up which it is it must be inflammed everywhere.

Pains in this area are not exactly new for me. When I was diagnosed with IBS 30 odd years ago, the main symptom was horrible pains as my bowel went into spasm. I used to take buscopan if the pains were really, really bad, but I can't have that now I have glaucoma.My doctor says I mustn't take it or any anti-spasmodics as they all contain something that makes glaucoma much worse. I don't usually get the pains in recent years anyway till now.

I've never thought I had any inflammation as I was told I didn't. Since the calprotectin results were borderline that has obsessed me. I told myself I didn't have the symptoms but now I think I have. I intend to do the sample tomorrow but feel sure with how I feel the levels will be up.

Its all I can think about I am struggling to concentrate on anything else. Any thoughts anyone?
    Sorry if I've asked this before (my memory is getting crap) but do you eat gluten? Only I've found a direct link between gluten (also dairy) and my IBS symptoms. Whenever I rebel - because I'm pig sick of eating that God awful GF bread - my colon goes berserk. Like now, because last week I caved and ate lovely baps for a couple of days. It was bliss going down but OMG I'm paying for it now! Pain in the right side of my colon, bloating, cramps, and my toilet doesn't know what's hit it. Sore botty time! GF tastes like cardboard but at least I'm pain free when I'm off the gluten.

Problem is, that I've been tested for celiac - an allergy to wheat - and that was clear, but what a lot of people don't realise is that you can have sensitivities to certain foods which cause a lot of GI symptoms and inflammation. The clue is in the word - glu(e)ten - it's hard to digest, especially as we get older and a lot of older people have issues with gluten and dairy.

Given that you can't take the anti-spasmodic (I'm sensitive to those too) buy yourself a heatpad (plug in) and alternate between your tummy and your back. The heat really helps mine.

RE your sore botty: the more you worry, the more stress hormones your body will release which will DIRECTLY affect your digestive system in general..

A borderline Calprotectin test is nowt to worry about. You could find that the next test is much lower as lots of things can affect the test result. For issues like IBD - you'd need to be seeing results in the high hundreds and thousands. Borderline (to me) suggests something something minor like an irritated gut lining or OTC meds..

If you can manage to calm down and relax a bit, you will find that the symptoms ease up. I can't 'stress' enough how much anxiety affects the gut and the bowels CD.

Hi 'anxious man' its always comforting to know others have experienced these symptoms though I don't wish any of this on anybody. I have managed to speak to a nurse and she said it is not unusual for diarrhea to float. Hope this helps.

Thank you everyone for your recent replies. I have had the odd calmer days, but am still in a state especially about my bowels. I think I'm obsessed. I did have a day on Saturday where my eyes were blurred all day, couldn't read as it was all out of focus and TV blurry. It worries me with having the glaucoma and not having been seen at the hospital for 2 years, owning to the pandemic, when I normally have a check-up every 6 months. However my eyes were back to normal the next day.

I had a very bad time earlier. I woke up in the early hours and turned over and was violently dizzy the room was spinning round. I sat up still spinning, struggled to the bathroom for the toilet, still spinning. Eventually went back to sleep and it was all gone when I woke up. I have had this in the past about 12 years ago, the doctor called it bi-directional vertigo. I have not had it for a few years thank goodness until today. My daughter also gets it. It is horrible. I am on edge today now in case it comes back, I don't know what causes it. There may be people on these forums with it I suspect. It could be related to anxiety I suppose but is very difficult to cope with.

The other thing is my bowels again. Yesterday it was normal looking but was floating. Today it didn't float but was several pieces all different. The main one was the weird one again. bent shape with one half flat. It burnt as it came out and my bottom was very sore, I had bad acid last night and think that may cause that. I really don't know how not to worry about these bent stools. I am still waiting for the calprotectin results and feel with these weird stools it will be high.

I think you're obsessed with your bowels, chinadoll.

I get the vertigo episodes too which last for a few hours. They pass though and it's best to just carry on because they aren't clinically significant.

The other thing is my bowels again. Yesterday it was normal looking but was floating. Today it didn't float but was several pieces all different. The main one was the weird one again. bent shape with one half flat. It burnt as it came out and my bottom was very sore, I had bad acid last night and think that may cause that. I really don't know how not to worry about these bent stools. I am still waiting for the calprotectin results and feel with these weird stools it will be high.
    CD, long gone are the days where lovely sausage-shaped turds plopped down from my @rse.

These days, I get all sorts from rabbit-like droppings to cowpats with everything in-between! (I don't have cancer)

Have you ever seen Home Alone? There's a scene where the delightful 'Kevin' is obviously fed up of being terrorised by the 'scary' furnace monster in the basement, so this time instead of running away from the scary monster screaming and waving his hands in the air - he simply tells it to 'Shut up' and suddenly it's not a monster anymore. It is what it is; a very un-scary furnace.

Next time you go for a poo, wipe ya bum, flush, and tell your HA gremlin to shut up.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information