Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread: My grief over my mother's death

Re: My grief over my mother's death

Surely a chocolate orange counts as one of your five a day?

My son recently had a blood test that showed high cholesterol. He’s not overweight, has porridge and fruit for breakfast, tuna and rice for lunch and a good tea. He also goes to the gym 4 times a week. Go figure that one so now he’s knocking back the benecol drink.

Ghost…Spillways

I kind of knew that there would be cholesterol issues, I've been eating what I want when I want/can since last May. I knew I needed to reign it in. Plus I could do with losing some weight. Apparently I had the white blood cell/platelets thing a few years ago and it went away on it's own (for the life of me, I can't remember this).

I am going to try and be proactive and not moan. I have been pulling my ear lobe and sticking my finger in it a lot today to do the vague nerve thing. I am considering joining fat club again ...

Perhaps after a few more chocolate orange bars 😁

Well it 67p it would be rude not to.

i don’t know why they make bad food taste so good and good food taste so bad. It’s not been thought out very well at all. I’ve got a middle aged muffin top but what can you do when Morrisons are throwing 5 doughnuts at you for 50p.

Good luck with it, and remember despite what I said earlier, your five a day does not constitute chocolate orange, potato crisps, strawberry laces, raspberry doughnuts, all washed down with apple cider

Ghost…Spillways

At least your mental health is better regardless of a few extra pounds on the scales..You'll be protected from osteoporosis too and I'm sure you have precious few wrinkles on your youthful face...

Well done you got weathering all the tests, I’m glad you’re feeling alright too. I wish I liked dark chocolate, it would make so many things easier!

Catkins, almost everyone I know has come back from the doctors with a high or slightly high cholesterol reading. Maybe it's a plan to make us miserable.
    I had high cholesterol during my caring days for my mum, dad and mum n law. I was underweight, running around here there and everywhere, missing meals, not eating chocolate or drinking wine and to be told I had high cholesterol, I just couldn't fathom it.
    I have no idea whether I'm high or not now, but I have put on much weight since then, eat chocolate and cake and no longer have the running around. I suppose it would be interesting to find out. But to be honest my acid reflux keeps me in check with any naughty food or overdoing the portions of chocolate.
    Not having high bp is a huge plus catkins, you must be pleased about that.
    Hope your ears are not too sore. Don't think you are supposed to do it too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    remember despite what I said earlier, your five a day does not constitute chocolate orange, potato crisps, strawberry laces, raspberry doughnuts, all washed down with apple cider
    Damn and blast!

Thank you all.

I like the ear thing Carnation, it's quite comforting. I will try and reduce my frequency though 😁

I like the ear thing too catkins

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

Thread Information