Thread: Worried about Colon Cancer... ugh.

Worried about Colon Cancer... ugh.

Hey guys,

So recently I made a dumb move and watched a video about how colon cancer is on the rise for young adults (it was in my recommended probably because of all the gallbladder videos I've been watching and I didn't really pay attention to the title), and in that video they mentioned that rectal bleeding and a change in bowel habit can be symptoms. Now my entire YouTube recommended is filled with videos of young adults diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Needless to say, seeing the titles every time I try to go to YouTube to relax is having the opposite effect. Now I'm scared I may have colon cancer.

Logically, I know this is unlikely. I know that my rectal bleeding is due to the fact that I have had both anal fissures and hemorrhoids in the past and present. I also know that my recent change in bowel movements is because I am on a completely liquid diet (i.e. an Enshure diet), which seems to be making my bms more liquidy and also darker in color (a very dark brown almost black). But still I worry. Is it normal for bms to be so dark brown? It makes me worried that I may have internal bleeding or something.

Sorry, I know you guys can't diagnose or really help in any way, I just needed to get this off my chest. It is quite possible my bms are darker looking because I have finally given my biliary tract the rest it needs to actually digest food.

Re: Worried about Colon Cancer... ugh.

Don't be scared. If you want peace of mind, approach a doctor and be examined. I also have problem with my bowel movements but, I'm not paying any attention. I don't watch videos as I don't want to escalate any fear.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalStars View Post
    Hey guys,

So recently I made a dumb move and watched a video about how colon cancer is on the rise for young adults (it was in my recommended probably because of all the gallbladder videos I've been watching and I didn't really pay attention to the title), and in that video they mentioned that rectal bleeding and a change in bowel habit can be symptoms. Now my entire YouTube recommended is filled with videos of young adults diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer. Needless to say, seeing the titles every time I try to go to YouTube to relax is having the opposite effect. Now I'm scared I may have colon cancer.
    Clear your search history on YouTube and unsubscribe to any medical or remotely medical YouTube channels.

Is it normal for bms to be so dark brown? It makes me worried that I may have internal bleeding or something.
    Any shade of brown is normal - everything from very light brown to dark brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Poop floats and it sinks
    It's different colors and it stinks.
    It can be hard or soft like mush
    Do your business and just flush!
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thank you guys for all your replies, I've calmed down quite a bit since I last posted. And also changed my YouTube feed to be less health (and cancer) focused.

Quote Originally Posted by AbyssalStars View Post
    Thank you guys for all your replies, I've calmed down quite a bit since I last posted. And also changed my YouTube feed to be less health (and cancer) focused.
    Good on ya!

Thread Information