Thread: Ocd about imperfections

Ocd about imperfections

My floor got water damaged due to a washing machine leak but I have been battling the urge to replace it. I mean I want to replace kitchen floor as it has been damaged a few times due to water but it’s a lot of hassle at the moment and offcourse money so find it hard to live with it? Problem is once I start ripping floors up it’s full paint jobs and I am not confident myself in painting so would be cost of a decorator. I had similar issues with a small chip in my wall and masks on my bathroom floor. I mean I could replace everything but May be a bit ocd. I had issues with my letter box as someone touched the bin and I worry about that but I can’t physically replace a new £800 pounds door.

Re: Ocd about imperfections

I know it's a typo but ....masks on the bathroom floor??!!

If it’s damaged and needs replacing then replace it. It’s only if it’s not really damaged that it becomes a problem for your ocd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    If it’s damaged and needs replacing then replace it. It’s only if it’s not really damaged that it becomes a problem for your ocd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well it is damaged the kitchen one in particular but the living room is not quite so noticeable so I am trying to resist the ocd to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    My floor got water damaged due to a washing machine leak but I have been battling the urge to replace it. I mean I want to replace kitchen floor as it has been damaged a few times due to water but it’s a lot of hassle at the moment and offcourse money so find it hard to live with it? Problem is once I start ripping floors up it’s full paint jobs and I am not confident myself in painting so would be cost of a decorator. I had similar issues with a small chip in my wall and masks on my bathroom floor. I mean I could replace everything but May be a bit ocd. I had issues with my letter box as someone touched the bin and I worry about that but I can’t physically replace a new £800 pounds door.
    A damaged floor is a damaged floor, but replacing an £800 door (or any door) because somebody touched ya bin is Grade A OCD for sure!

Also, I don't want to know what kinky times you get up to on your bathroom floor. (thanks for the giggle though)

Thread Information