Thread: Struggle to eat?

Struggle to eat?

Does anybody get this? I have a bite to eat and I freeze throat tightens up or I focus on digesting it and struggle to digest it and even feel I am chocking? Not always that bad but I sometimes have to eat drink eat drink to try and force it down as my throat tightens up sometimes I freeze on my food anybody had this? Any tips to relax about it?

Re: Struggle to eat?

Whenever my anxiety is high I struggle to eat. I had a few days earlier in the week when I was fine, but the last few days I have struggled.

I'm just trying to eat what I can, when I can and trying to not get too stressed about it.

I'm open to tips too.

When I’m anxious or extremely stressed out I find it really difficult to eat. I have to force myself to eat and even then I can hardly get it to go down, it’s like it gets stuck and I can’t swallow it. I then get full after a few bites and end up with a really bad stomach ache.

Very common with anxiety.

You don't really have to do anything about it in the short term. Our bodies are more than capable of going days or even weeks without food, as long as you're getting enough water in.

When you can eat, just eat as much nutrient dense food as you can. Your appetite will come back when it's ready.

In the past I've lost as much as 22lbs in a single month. It ends up resolving itself in the end though.

I’ve had this symptom a few days tried reading a magazine but no use. Because I am expecting this symptom to come I struggle to down the food without washing it down without a drink I feel so paranoid I will choke on the food and my throat tightens up anybody anymore tips?

Distractions are good.

I also go for soft easily swallowed stuff. Soups, yoghurt, mashed banana, anything that will slide down.

Also little and often.

I find the later in the day the easier it is for me to eat.

Also drink plenty - keep your fluids up. Haven't this time, but previously I've bought Complan shakes to make sure that I get enough vitamins etc.

My eating is improving at the moment and as your anxiety improves I'm sure yours will too.

I heard getting the vaccine increases your appetite

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information