Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Whataboutery and blame culture

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Whataboutery and blame culture

    By reading threads on other forums over the past 2 days concerning the showdown between Cummings and Bozzer, the amount of whataboutery concerning MPs of other parties (Labour in particular) is unbelievable.

    Whataboutery seems to be the biggest get-out clause for nearly everything these days, and not just concerning political issues either.

    For several years now many people have revelled in 'blame games' too, which again don't just involve politics.
    In particular certain people's persistent mistakes never being their fault, such as certain staff members at day centres, respite units, etc, that I have attended in the past when I was younger, leaving paperwork with confidential information lying around and hastily accusing me of reading it when I didn't even know what it was and getting funny with me when I told them that perhaps they shouldn't be leaving such stuff lying around unattended in the first place, but as per usual, they proclaimed their god-given right to do so and also said 'we shouldn't have to keep the offices, staff toilets, etc locked, you should know full well that those areas are out of bounds to all clients'!

    Yeah, asking for trouble by keeping those rooms unlocked and open to all and sundry at all times, plus refusing to display 'Private, Staff Only' signage on the doors of the offices, staff toilets, etc, and not forgetting poor communication in the first place!

    Hardly rocket science is it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    By reading threads on other forums over the past 2 days concerning the showdown between Cummings and Bozzer, the amount of whataboutery concerning MPs of other parties (Labour in particular) is unbelievable.

    Whataboutery seems to be the biggest get-out clause for nearly everything these days, and not just concerning political issues either.

    For several years now many people have revelled in 'blame games' too, which again don't just involve politics.
    In particular certain people's persistent mistakes never being their fault, such as certain staff members at day centres, respite units, etc, that I have attended in the past when I was younger, leaving paperwork with confidential information lying around and hastily accusing me of reading it when I didn't even know what it was and getting funny with me when I told them that perhaps they shouldn't be leaving such stuff lying around unattended in the first place, but as per usual, they proclaimed their god-given right to do so and also said 'we shouldn't have to keep the offices, staff toilets, etc locked, you should know full well that those areas are out of bounds to all clients'!

    Yeah, asking for trouble by keeping those rooms unlocked and open to all and sundry at all times, plus refusing to display 'Private, Staff Only' signage on the doors of the offices, staff toilets, etc, and not forgetting poor communication in the first place!

    Hardly rocket science is it?
    At least at my current day centre they have put numerical key pads on the doors leading to rooms/areas that the staff prefer to keep clients out of (including the offices, kitchens and store cupboards).

    Regarding the toilet situation, there are no 'segregated' facilities there between staff and clients, and the outer doors of all such facilities are clearly labelled.

    Best of all (so far), there's no stroppy, blame-gaming staff members there, unlike my previous day centres and respite units.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

    The whataboutery and deflection in other online forums concerning the current scandal involving Matt Hancock is absolutely unbelievable.

    Some examples being 'but what about the MP's expenses scandal of 2009, under the late New Labour?', and another said 'what about Corbyn's (more recent) anti-Semitism scandal?', 'what about Bliar and the Iraq war?'

    Seriously, of what relevance is those past issues concerning Labour to these current issues concerning the current Tory govt?

    With regards the MP's expenses scandal, it was MPs from all parties (including Tory and Lib Dem) that were involved at the time and not only Labour MPs, but The Scum, Daily Fail, etc, were endlessly screaming out 'Broken Britain' at that time!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,457

    Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

    People love a good moan though and scandals sell newspapers like hot cakes..Don't get too wrapped up in it, Lenco

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    People love a good moan though and scandals sell newspapers like hot cakes..Don't get too wrapped up in it, Lenco
    It's the people deflecting the topic to whatever Labour did wrong in the past, and the fact that it bears no direct relevance to nor is addressing the current issues, that's bugging me right now.

    I mean, what's the MP's expenses scandal of 12 years ago got to do with Hancock's recent misdemeanours?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13,457

    Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    It's the people deflecting the topic to whatever Labour did wrong in the past, and the fact that it bears no direct relevance to nor is addressing the current issues, that's bugging me right now.

    I mean, what's the MP's expenses scandal of 12 years ago got to do with Hancock's recent misdemeanours?
    Nothing..but that doesn't matter. Debates go off topic but I know this must annoy you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,989

    Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

    Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Nothing..but that doesn't matter. Debates go off topic but I know this must annoy you.
    It does annoy me but we can all be a bit guilty of that on here, myself included.

    BTW, Hancock has now finally given himself up and called it quits!

    Probably also scared of getting a kicking from the protesters in central London today, but at least he is finally owning his misdemeanour!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Only myself to blame.
    By Aud84 in forum Female health issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-20, 17:55
  2. 'Therapist' blamed anxiety on my culture
    By rosalena in forum Social Anxiety
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 28-12-12, 19:33
  3. Maybe Our Culture is partially to blame?
    By fizzandfiddles in forum Social Anxiety
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-08-10, 01:45
  4. The toilet culture
    By thetoilethunter in forum Panic / Panic Attacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 26-10-06, 18:28
  5. why am i getting the blame for everything
    By leo05 in forum Depression from Panic/Anxiety
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-04-06, 18:05

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •