Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Whataboutery and blame culture

Re: Whataboutery and blame culture

A mate years ago ripped the bathroom suite out as one of the first jobs. But it was pink.

My GF said when her dad bought their house the previous owner had painted walls black and added leopard skin print wallpaper

Terry, my dad did the same!
    Wood panelled ceiling, wooden toilet seat and wood panels around the bath and sink.

Carn, It looks much better with wood. More pleasant on the posterior in Winter...but a risk of splinters

My dad just did the bath and toilet seat. He prefers the pedestal sink look.

I like the sound of the wood panels around the bath. Would give mine a new lease of life!

Go for it Pulisa

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The problem with these schemes is that you have to wait ages for someone to come out and with a faulty fridge freezer that's ridiculous! Quite apart from the needless expense of course.

I'm impressed by the Beco range of white goods although I'm sure Lenco will know more about their faults? They seem reasonably priced and decent quality.
    As we've never (to-date) owned any product from the Beko brand, I really have no idea on whatever 'faults' they may be prone to or not, so really not qualified to comment in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Carn, It looks much better with wood. More pleasant on the posterior in Winter...but a risk of splinters

My dad just did the bath and toilet seat. He prefers the pedestal sink look.
    I thought that wooden toilet seats are coated with a special lacquer which is meant to protect against splinters on one's rear end.

We had a wooden seat on our upstairs toilet for years (before refurbing our bathroom in 2014) and it never splintered us.

Yep, my dad lacquered his seat.
    Lol, that's the toilet, not his person.

We've got a wooden toilet seat and my husband made our bath panel, with marine ply so it didn't go funny. He also panelled it and painted it white, I think it looks great.

We are very much make do and mend, although I splashed out on a new sofa this year (which I am expecting to last a very long time). We have a tiny living room with 2 doors and a fireplace so not much room to put furniture to be honest, so to get a slightly bigger sofa (we had a 2 seater) it took an awful lot of research as not many places did the size we needed. It is now covered with 2 throws (one of which I crocheted) to make it last longer.

I always think the less complicated something is the less likely it is to go wrong and if it does it's easier to fix. I have a strong dislike of overly computerised things as they seem to be the worst for going wrong.

I've just splashed out on a new armchair and the cat has already claimed it as his, lol.
    It's vintage so I'm expecting it to last at least 200 years.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information