Thread: Back again

Back again

Hello everyone, I havent posted on here for a while I had been doing better or at least i thought i was. Can I beg you to listen I am struggling with major covid related anxiety (nothing new there) but it's now turning into something else. I'm not sure what this is so if I describe it maybe one of you could help.me.

I have for over a year now been struggling with horrendous covid anxiety, I have medically vulnerable people in our home and have followed a strict, incredibly strict regime to try and eradicate possible covid exposure. We have now not left the house for a long while 😞😞 I'm not proud of this and I know it's not healthy. But I am struggling really really bad, I fear the outside space, fear coming into contact with people outside our bubble. This has never happened before and I feel just as an intense fear as i do about health issues and covid itself.

I seem to be obsessed (maybe too strong a word) with avoiding covid at all costs that I have forgotten almost that there are other things we need to avoid. (it got to the point where i shut all the windows) This is obviously ridiculous and I know it!!!! I shake myself mentally, i avoid all news and media on covid ( hence not using this thread for so long too) and I try and keep busy but this fear of outdoor spaces is really intensifying. I dont know what it is or how to overcome it. I fear burning out, maybe I already have and that's what this new situation is. I fear contact with other people I am a little lost tbh.

I know that vaccines are out there, but this fear is making me afraid to go and even get that I am literally stuck, fed up and stuck. I hate this stupid brain of mine (i know that sounded very childish) but the foundation of the statement is true i wish whatever has gone into overdrive would just turn itself off.

I am trying loads of self help, I keep a gratitude journal, use essential oils, have cbt books that I work through, drink camomile tea ( i find this helps) i just cant get over this new thing

Sorry for the long rambling post, I hope u are well and can offer some support xx

Re: Back again

I'm sorry to hear you're having such a tough time of this.

I would say that now - whilst cases in most areas are extremely low - that now is a good time to make a vaccination appointment for yourself, assuming you qualify for one. Do you look after the vulnerable people in your household, do others, or do they look after themselves? Have they been vaccinated? Do you go out to work?

I'm not a great fan of coming into contact with other people either to be honest even though I've had both my 'jabs', but it has been proven that the risk of catching Covid from just walking past someone in the street is next to zero. It did wonders for me the other day just to be sat with a couple of friends out in the sun having a pint and something to eat at the work social club the other day.

There's a lot to tackle in your post, I'll grant you. I'm beginning to think your self-enforced isolation may be the root cause of your problems and it's just a feedback loop.
    Last edited by Pamplemousse; 30-05-21 at 11:14.

Thread Information