Thread: Having one of the worst panic attacks of my life.

Having one of the worst panic attacks of my life.

Hey there, lovely folks.

I'm sorry to be posting again so soon, but I'm in a bit of a pickle and I can use some reassurance, advice, or resources. I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm no stranger to panic attacks. I used to have them pretty much daily since 2015 though they've mostly faded into the foreground since then. I've gotten better at handling them though I'm really struggling to handle this one. I'm not really sure what to do. I've tried breathing exercises, actual exercises, meditation, binary beats, and so on. It's been an on and off thing since about 6 AM (it's now 4 PM for me) and I haven't slept in over twenty-four hours. This is definitely exaggerating my symptoms and I've tried to sleep, but nothing works.

I'm not sure what exactly is causing my symptoms, but I'm wondering if it's OCD related. I haven't had a specific train of thought that's been harassing me and I haven't missed any of my daily rituals or routines, but I just find myself unable to stop thinking. Constantly. About anything and everything. Not only that, but the longer that I stay awake, the more anxious I become that I'll die or be unable to ever sleep again. I'm worried of hallucination and delusions. I've had those before and they aren't fun. I've also been having some severely intrusive thoughts over the past few hours though I've been taking care to monitor them as closely as I can. All of this, though, has been keeping me awake. It's like an endless loop where I can't sleep, panic, and it gets just worse.

I've tried communicating these feelings to the ol' fam, but most of them are "mental health isn't real and you need to stop worrying" type, so I can't really talk to them about it either. I guess that's what has led me to these forums for now. Apologies for any spelling errors, I'm really too tired to proofread this, though I have a feeling that none of you folks will mind too much.

But yeah.

Please help?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Having one of the worst panic attacks of my life.

Hello, I’m sorry none of us replied on this thread last night. How are you doing now? I hope you’ve got some sleep.

I find that in the midst of it all it’s not worth worrying about how or why it happened. You just have to go with it because it did. Sometimes distraction helps me a lot, a warm bath, water, maybe a walk to change the scenery.

Hope you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. I did manage to get some sleep, finally, and crashed around 2 AM. It was rough, but I feel much better after sleeping for a while. The globus sensation has already returned though so that'll be fun to work through again. I'm relatively optimistic about the rest of today though. Here's to hoping that it'll be easier.

I’m glad you’re ok.
    I tend to find that if I ignore the gloves sensation then it goes away fairly quickly. You know what it is, so no need to focus on it or worry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Hydeo, glad you're doing better. I've been sleeping 2-3 hours a night for the last new nights as well. Just very stressed over an otitis and some family issues. I know what you mean about the globus sensation, used to have that a lot as a teen. Doing better these days but it does return. Scass is right about ignoring it. It's the best thing to do. Just accept it's a harmless sensation and try to get on with your life, and it will go away.

I find that when I'm very stressed or sad I tend to get more symptoms, has anything happened in your life that might be causing a flare up of anxiety?

Thread Information