Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resting heart rate 47-50s

Re: Resting heart rate 47-50s

So iv noicted my heart rate is different via taking it manually (15 seconds ×4) and each time it's about 10 beats or higher then any digital version i take it with.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fma11122341 View Post
    So iv noicted my heart rate is different via taking it manually (15 seconds ×4) and each time it's about 10 beats or higher then any digital version i take it with.

Smart watches, phones etc often use a technology called photoplethysmography to measure heart rate. Not sure if you know what that is but it’s essentially testing how much red or green light it can see when looking at the skin. Blood is red because it reflects red light and absorbs green light, so when your heart beats, there’s more blood flow, and more green light absorption. Between heart beats, there’s less absorption of green light. Because this method relies on testing the light absorption of your skin to infer your heart rate, there are lots of ways there can be a struggle to get an accurate reading—or any reading at all and so I’m not surprised you get a different reading with your device then measuring your heart rate manually not to mention your heart rate varies constantly.

You really should stop checking your heart rate. Unless you’re doctor has asked you to keep track of your heart rate there is no need for one to do it. Constantly checking your heart rate will only cause you anxiety.
    Last edited by Careful1; 31-05-21 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by fma11122341 View Post

Did you even bother reading what everybody posted here, or have you just decided to keep habitually doing the thing that's really causing the issue here?

Still dealing with this low heart rate. Iv seen two emts in the past weak who have listen to my heart and have said it sounds fine and not to worry about it. I ended up going to the hospital the other day because of a tooth problem, wich is when i talked to the emts, so I didn't find the need to talk to my doctor about my heart as nothing seemd to be wrong or out of the ordinary. So out of fear of looking foolish, i didn't say anything about my heart. It was rather high for the past few days, staying in the 70s/90s. So I thought I could get over the fear. Till yesterday afternoon it startred to drop into the low 60s and now 50s again. I thought mabye the penicillin could be casuing it as it showed back up after leaveing. So I Googled and found penicillin could kill someone with a weak heart and now I'm freaking out! Did I kill myself by not telling my doctor I could have a undiagnosed heart condition?! Just because I didn't want to look crazzy..

As was asked earlier, did you not read the previous replies? This is a non-issue. In fact, having a resting heart rate of an athlete is a very good thing, regardless of your actual physical condition.... and you're still self testing which again is feeding your baseless fear

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

So, my resting heart rate, as in the heart rate I have while lying in bed right after waking up, can be anywhere from 80 to 65 bpm. I noticed that it is usually higher (80 bpm) during stressful times of my life (i.e. the start and end of college semesters, midterm exams, etc.), and lower during times when I am more relaxed (even if I still have some anxiety going on in the background). I can track this cause I have a nice handy-dandy fitbit, but if tracking stuff like this feeds into your anxiety, I wouldn't recommend getting one. For me, having the fitbit actually lowers my anxiety, because I can actually track my anxiety and stress trends and therefore try to mitigate them before they get super bad. In the midst of a panic attack, my heart rate can go as high as 170 bpm.

Sometimes, especially when lying down or sitting and I am feeling super relaxed and/or sleepy, my heart rate will dip into the 50s/40s as well. If I stay up too late and my body is like, "bro, it's time to go to sleep," my heart rate will also dip into the 40s then as well because that is what the circadian rhythm is telling the body to do.

A low resting heart rate is a GOOD thing!!! You have absolutely nothing to worry about. You don’t have an undiagnosed heart condition!! You will not find any doctor any where that would be the tiniest amount concerned about your heart rate because it’s normal. Doctors don’t care about low heart rates unless a person is experiencing symptoms.

You have been given reassurance and good advice as well and yet you continue to monitor your heart rate. There really isn’t anything else we can do for you. I’m sorry that your worried and anxious but the worry over your heart rate really is driven by anxiety and until you accept that and figure out a way to deal with it, things will only get worse. You will eventually move on from this fear onto another because that’s how it works.
    Last edited by Careful1; 09-06-21 at 03:38.

I suggest at this point, based on the fact that several members have given you reassurance as well as the medical aspects of heart rates, you see a doctor. Let us know what they say.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information