Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Conspiracy theorist husband and anxiety

Re: Conspiracy theorist husband and anxiety

[QUOTE=Lencoboy;2006072]

He should be arrested and imprisoned
    Yeah, for being in possession of terrible hair for starters. Mind you, same can be said of our prime minister.

Biden and Co really need to take this seriously and not back down.
    The only way the Tangerine One can get back in the WH by this summer is if he forcibly boots Biden and his crew out onto the White House lawn. The scary thing is that there are people who are well up for this. Then again, look at what happened within the last two weeks of him being in office.. It isn't just the madman himself we have to worry about; it's the people who hero-worship this @rsehole!

President Trump is president,” he added. “We will be rejoicing in the streets by March, April, May, June. There’s going to be an amazing turnaround. You just watch what happens. And the world will rejoice. Not just America, the world will rejoice because of this exposure. I’m telling you that’s going to take place. I’m going down with the ship on this. The Lord showed me this.”

This tit also prophesised that his leader would win the election so his crystal ball must have been having an off day. That, or the Lord's taking the piss?

Trump's not just the delusional proprietor of a really bad hairdo - he's got money, power, influence, and followers who are as delusional as he is, and that's the scariest thing of all to me..

[QUOTE=NoraB;2006134]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post

Yeah, for being in possession of terrible hair for starters. Mind you, same can be said of our prime minister.

The only way the Tangerine One can get back in the WH by this summer is if he forcibly boots Biden and his crew out onto the White House lawn. The scary thing is that there are people who are well up for this. Then again, look at what happened within the last two weeks of him being in office.. It isn't just the madman himself we have to worry about; it's the people who hero-worship this @rsehole!

President Trump is president,” he added. “We will be rejoicing in the streets by March, April, May, June. There’s going to be an amazing turnaround. You just watch what happens. And the world will rejoice. Not just America, the world will rejoice because of this exposure. I’m telling you that’s going to take place. I’m going down with the ship on this. The Lord showed me this.”

This tit also prophesised that his leader would win the election so his crystal ball must have been having an off day. That, or the Lord's taking the piss?

Trump's not just the delusional proprietor of a really bad hairdo - he's got money, power, influence, and followers who are as delusional as he is, and that's the scariest thing of all to me..
    But isn't the onus now on Biden and Co to show Trump and his fellow cronies who's boss?

With regards misinformation and conspiracy theories in general, one upside to this pandemic is the fact that it's certainly helped expose many of these 'elephant in the room' issues that previously even most ordinary, rational folk seemed to be more blasé about, and often shrugged off as 'someone else's problem' and 'it's just the way of the world today, get over it', etc.

I think this pandemic has also helped expose many other things that has been wrong with our society for donkeys years now, but mostly swept under the carpet, sadly.

I'm sorry I brought up Trump and the conspiracy theories surrounding him. I only did so to illustrate a similar problem for many people who have friends, partners and spouses that believe in this 'nonsense' and have to deal with them. And it coincides with the COVID and anti-vax conspiracy nonsense. Again, the thread has taken a turn away from the OP's original issue.

Perhaps a new thread would be in order to discuss those subjects.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Again, the thread has taken a turn away from the OP's original issue.
    Agreed, and I apologise too.

Becky, it's not Ok for you to have to 'walk on eggshells' all the time with your husband. Any kind of behaviour which 'controls' is abusive and him telling you to avoid certain people is abusive - regardless if it's him he's trying to control (via you). Given the breakdown in communication and general state of the relationship caused by your husband's behaviour, I'd say you need some outside help? That said, you can only take a horse to water and all that. But you can ask for help for yourself so you can cope better? This is your life too.

I'm so sorry you're going through this and I'm sorry that this wasn't my initial response to an incredibly difficult situation you're having to cope with..

For several years now, and over the past decade in particular, conspiracy theorists and fake news-mongers have seemingly been allowed too much free reign, and all too often 'free speech' is used as a get-out clause.

Sadly I think the pendulum has swung too far in favour of the far-too-permissive attitudes towards the above.

Of course we should all be entitled to freedom of expression within reason but at the same time it ultimately carries responsibilities, of which unfortunately many of us seem to refuse to accept, especially where our own personal agendas are concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckybecks View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this or if it's even allowed. But I really need to chat about what's going on in my home due to Covid19 conspiracy theories, my husband and how it's causing me confusion and anxiety.

For more than a year my husband has been plugged into his device listening to conspiracy theorists brain washing him into believing all manner of strange things linked to the virus.

We can hardly talk anymore because our beliefs and opinions are so different now.
    Whenever he has the opportunity he preaches to me although I've explained to him I'm not in agreement.

Just a few of his opinions/beliefs:
    The virus is man made.
    It's all part of a plan to control us and depopulated the world
    The test will infect us
    The vaccination will implant a chip used for track and trace

There's SO much more but I'm sure you're all aware of what's going around on social media.
    I'm not ignorant and I'm normally quite level headed but after a year of living with this constant barage of strange opinions, I do have days when I think "maybe he's right" and "maybe he's mad".

It feels little like I'm living in a strange science fiction movie.

Today I've been told to avoid my best friend because she's had the vaccination and he knows that vaccinated people are spreading the virus very quickly.
    Only healthcare workers have been vaccinated so far in our area (I'm in South Africa)
    I have a medication phobia so have always been anxious about the vaccination but I know the time is coming where most people here will have access to it.
    I have to have a test soon to travel to a neighboring country. I darent even tell my husband.
    Sorry for the long rant but my anxiety is getting worse with nobody to talk to about this.
    I've read this and the only thing I can suggest is to tell him firmly that his opinions are unwanted on the subject, to STFU and you'll not mention anything if he doesn't.

I'm at that stage with my sister.

I can see this becoming an incredibly divisive subject in the future.

Failing that, if he's that pig-ignorant, it's becoming such a big issue and causing you that much distress - move out. Maybe that'll wake him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    For several years now, and over the past decade in particular, conspiracy theorists and fake news-mongers have seemingly been allowed too much free reign, and all too often 'free speech' is used as a get-out clause.
    Popper's Paradox.

I've told my husband how I feel and that I'd really rather not discuss his opinions anymore. It works mostly.

So the time has come for me to get tested as I'm travelling out of the country on Thursday and need a Covid certificate.

Well he's been researching for days and has started hinting at how dangerous this test is! I've told him I really don't want to know any more and in fact we had a noisy argument about it.

I feel it's so unfair of him to plant these seeds of doubt in my mind knowing what horrible anxiety I suffer about medical procedures of any type.

So, from being a little iffy about going for the test I'm now fairly terrified!

My children have both been tested many times and told me it's really nothing. But my mind's working overtime tonight....

He's very manipulative, isn't he? Don't fall for it, Becky. Do what YOU want to do. You're not his puppet.

Do you think this is a ploy by your husband to keep you from travelling away from him? This raises all of my red flags.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information