Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Increased dose

Re: Increased dose

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    I was dreading you saying that it would be working as well as it could right now, and this was as good as it's going to get.
    There are no guarantees. The increased dose may not work, but the odds are in your favour.

I didn't think I could have a dose increase on promethazine. I thought 25mg would be the standard dose.
    The recommended dose range for insomnia is 25-50mg. There isn't one for anxiety as this is an off-label use, but for most of its other indications the recommended daily doses are in the 6.75-75mg range and I don't see why this should be any different for anxiety. Promethazine has a fairly short half-life - 10-19 hours - so taking it once a day may not give adequate 24 hour relief.

I'm allowed to take 3 per day. One to sleep and 2 during the day as required. I'm taking one in the morning routinely now and one before bed.

I hate to tempt fate, but I think I'm feeling a little difference. This is at 3 weeks and 1 day.

That's good news!!

Just don't get concerned if a bad day, or two follow. The one step forward, two+ back shuffle at around kick-in is usually a very good sign as it indicates the med is doing the work, not the placebo effect.

I am taking it very tentatively. I am 100% holding back on getting cocky and thinking I'm cured. Been there and done that before. Continuing doing guided meditations, relaxation and deep breathing etc. It is a relief to feel a little better though.

And here has been a bad day. All anxious and in a state again.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information