Thread: Ear ache, neck pain and what I think is a swollen lump in my neck

Ear ache, neck pain and what I think is a swollen lump in my neck

Hi,

I’m having a really hard time of it at the moment. I’m currently going through a breast cancer scare and on top of all of that I have cracked my tooth and have an ingrown toenail. As if that wasn’t enough I now have what I can only assume is a swollen node. I’ve had it on/off since I had my COVID jab in March and I’ve been ill with my ingrown toenail with severe infections (it’s getting removed in 2 weeks)
    However despite all the rational reasons I keep thinking I have throat cancer or lymphoma. With my cancer scare I am convinced I have breast cancer and that it has also spread to my lymph nodes. I am in absolute bits right now and don’t know who to talk to as I’m scared people will think I’m nuts.
    It felt a little better yesterday but today it’s back. I’ve noticed it has gotten pretty bad since my cancer scare started last Tuesday but I don’t know if stress can cause swollen nodes as I’m scared to Google.
    The pain goes from my neck when I move it occasionally to my ear and it feels like a bit of a lump when I move, my shoulder feels really tense too. I cannot see it at all, I have to dig deep to find it. The left side hurts sometimes too and I’ve had a bit of a scratchy throat and feel a bit chesty sometimes.
    I’m really worried, I do plan on mentioning this to my dr next week but I just need somewhere to vent for now because I am just so scared of everything going on.
    Has anyone else had this?

Thanks for reading my ramble guys x

Re: Ear ache, neck pain and what I think is a swollen lump in my neck

Cancer is an uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells. It doesn't come and go nor does it stop once it starts.

You have a lot of real yet non lethal issues going on and that would stress anyone. That said, being a cancer survivor, the above statement is truth. A node wouldn't swell off and on and you wouldn't have to dig for it and you don't feel better for a day or so. At best it's not worse and I know that as fact.

I wish there were some magic words to help you stop the dragon from breathing down your neck but it comes down to real life help and hard work. My daughter suffers from depression and anxiety and she works her ass off every day. She doesn't always succeed but she always gets up and puts one foot in front of the other and gets back on the path.

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information