Thread: Derealisation

Derealisation

Be ause I had back to back panic attacks last week I have derealisation feeling
    It's like when I'm walking down the street I see to much at once in my vision or while I'm walking things feel distant it's weird i csnt really describe it i went for a eye test last week because I thought it was my vision or worse a brain tumour but my vision is normal then it went and came back but had it 3 days now and its driving me mad anyone any tips on how to get rid of it thanks

Re: Derealisation

Hiya. Derealisation is a common side effect of anxiety, I've had it a lot this year so I feel for you. If we think about it, we spend such a lot of our time focused on what our body is doing i.e heart racing, muscles tense etc, that our immediate surroundings recede and start to feel unreal, as if we're in a dream. We've become so busy looking inwards.

The best way to try and lessen its effects are to accept it. Just think to yourself 'oh its only the dreamy feeling, it will pass'. Another tactic I use is asking myself 'ok I'm feeling unreal, but does the feeling actually stop me from doing anything?' You're most likely to find that no, it doesn't stop you. Rest assured there is nothing wrong with your eyes or brain. Take care.

Re: Derealisation

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information