Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm new....constant health anxiety with armpit!

Re: I'm new....constant health anxiety with armpit!

Thank you very much for responding!!!!And everything you are saying makes so much sense!! No pains today. Got sucked into a google trap though and hardly slept.

Logically I remind myself I had absolute no sensation in April! I was so focussed on my throat and convinced my thyroid nodules we’re going to prove to be awful. And now here in an absolute swirl again. I haven’t enjoyed a single full day in the last three months. I get fleeting moments and then remember I have the mammogram and who knows what after that. Thank you for replying!!!

The best thing I did for my anxiety was stopping the Google thing. I look on here instead and usually find what is bothering me. Keep me updated on the test and feel free to PM me if you ever need to talk

Hi there -

Just want to share a quick update. I woke up super panicked this morning (mornings are the absolute worst for me as soon as I wake up I'm hit hard with the thoughts) and decided I better go to the walk-in. The doctor was fantastic and patient. He did a thorough examination of my armpit (twice in fact) and also did a breast exam. He said he couldn't feel anything suspicious. He said that getting the mammogram done is important. I'm relieved he didn't feel anything because in m irrational thinking, I was missing something and I'm hoping now I can stop obsessively touching my armpit. I'm realizing that it feels more sensitive when something is touching it, like a t-shirt.

I have two weeks until the mammogram and am hopeful that a cancellation will pop up. My anxiety is actually making me depressed these days and I am finding it hard to be motivated about anything. I'm trying to be more open with the people in my life, about what I am experiencing, because I'm finding it hard to be upbeat and positive.

Anyway, that's my update. Thanks for reading

not sure how to stay calm

Hi all - really struggling. My HA is out of control. I’m really really worried about this armpit pain. It comes & goes. Sometimes burning. Sometimes seems to bother me more when I’m wearing something tight. I went to the dr and he could not feel any lump/bumps and lymph nodes are not enlarged. Ugh. I’m having such a hard time living in the here & now. I’ve read through most of this site and can’t find a time where armpit pain led to anything sinister, bust still. Writing this helps. I’m also terrified of mammograms and know this pain started when I booked the appointment but all the logical thinking seems to be erased by fear.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Mine was a bra I think! It was a sharp stabbing pain most of the time, sometimes a dull ache.

Also in case anybody is reading this who is worried, I finally worked out after many years that my 'heart attack' pain comes from lying on my elbow when I'm asleep! Realised when I woke up one night with it digging in!

Hi there -

im still a few days from my appointment and if I’m being honest, there is apart of me that just wAnts to cancel it. I know I can’t but I’m really terrified of getting bad results as I don’t think I could handle it. I can’t even really manage waiting for tests, never mind, anything else. I am trying to be in the moment, using meditation etc, but then the worry takes over. I’ve made a list of the facts that I have and try to focus on those.

My arm really bothers me most when I’m not wearing something sleeveless and clothing rubs up against it or if I start to get really stressed. I know that anxiety can cause skin sensitivity... could it be that? If it was something awful, i think the pain would be more inside, than outside??

I know I’m just rambling now, but it helps to write it down, I think.

Thx for reading.
    Last edited by sel123; 18-06-21 at 15:05.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information