Thread: better day today

better day today

just a quick update incase anyone was worring i had completely dropped into a pit of no return lol. tis my third day back on medication. feeling a bit better. the anxiety is still there but tis been clouded with the side affects.forced myself to get on the bus this morning to pay my rent.sprayed myself with rescue remedy and thought u can do this mrs. if u dont do it today uwill not be able to do it at all. felt horrible but i did it, came straight home and crawled into bed then slept for three hours until my freind let herself into my house to check up on me. walked to the school to pick up my kids and am now feeling a bit better. reality is slowly coming back and just the relief of knowing that the medication will start kicking in soon is enough to shake the constant fear away.

my freinds are brilliant but while they are all there for me and used to me it is hard to try and make them understand just how terrifying this illness is! my mum has offered to come down for a week from wales to keep an eye on me but she finds it all very hard. my nan had severe ocd, acute anxiety and depression and was sectioned 4 times as she refused to take medication and it ruked her life till the day she died. my mums childhood was completely ruined by my nanas illness so she finds it all hard to cope with. her policy is the same as most peoples who dont get it....................just get a grip, take control of yourself, rule it, dont let it rule you. but while i agree and try my hardest, sometimes it is just not possible. am awaiting to see a pysciatrist as this is the third time ive been back on medication and hopefully it will teach me to deal with the things that make me the way i am. thanku all for listening its been a tower of strenght knowing im not alone and that im not being judged x

beth salisbury

hi glad to hear you managed to get out today, at least you know once the medication really kicks in you will feel much better hopefully then can start to get out and about again

fan x

Hi beth,

Glad you're feeling better today and a Huge Hug and masses of Congratulations for making yourself accomplish something that you felt was way beyond your reach.

It is likely that due to your Nans illness you have genetic tendancies but theis does not mean that you have to follow in her footsteps .

Have you had a good course of CBT already ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

hi Beth,

Well done for managing today!! You did really well. It's great that you are starting to be a lot more positive about it. The meds will start to kick in soon and things will only get better..

Sarah

thanku all, i do feel more positive , its very hard when u r at your worst to see past the complete fear that takes over your life. but ive been here before and i will be ok i think i just tried to hard to rule it and not let it happen when i just need to accept that sometimes it isnt in my control. i have had councilling 2 years ago, but at the time i really felt i was ok. i was still on medication at that point and by the time i actually got the coucilling i didnt feel i needed it. we talked about alot of things but to be honest i felt alot of it was cliche (soz spelling). i have alot of problems with relationhips as in i get into alot of them but after a few weeks want out, a wall comes down and i want to run away. i know i have alot of issues lol with my past and i know that they probably do have an effect on my life now but im hoping that a psychiatrist will help me to deal with current problems i have now rather than things which happened in the past which i have completely accepted as well as i can. xx

beth salisbury

Thread Information